MM
Posted By
mike_malhounsen
May 10, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do I troubleshoot this problem, PS takes minutes even to open the smallest images? Its really impeeding on productivity at work, any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
BobLevine
May 10, 2005
How do you expect anyone to help with that type of description?

We need systems specs, version numbers and exactly what your definition of "forever" is. How many minutes? How small is that smallest image?

Bob
MM
mike_malhounsen
May 10, 2005
Its definetly a problem with the program/installation. 2 minutes for 100kb image, running on XP dual zeons.
B
BobLevine
May 10, 2005
Well since you refuse to spend any time giving us any details I don’t forsee the situation getting any better.

Bob
MM
mike_malhounsen
May 10, 2005
I’m not sure what other info to give, its Photoshop 7 and its installed on the C drive of a dual zeon system, if more info matters I can go ask someone but thats all I know.Isn’t there a common troubleshooting methos for such a problem?
CC
Chris_Cox
May 10, 2005
Most likely you’ve got a default printer set to something on the network that isn’t availble, and it takes that long to time out.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections