CS2 Keyboard Filter Menu Shortcuts Missing?

DS
Posted By
david_stefan
May 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve searched the forum and not found any similar posts, so . . .

I have no problems with CS2 except that I cannot access the Filter commands with keyboard short cuts. In CS1 I used to hit Alt>T>B>G for Guassian blur for example and get to the dialogue box. In CS2 I cannot do this. The same shortcuts work elsewhere in the menus, except that in the Layers menu occasionally this doesn’t work, usually where I’ve used the keyboard shortcut previously on the same image in the Layer>Adjustment Layer menu.

Is this normal for CS2 or do I have a problem. Any ideas?

Thanks,

David in Pheonix

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DS
david_stefan
May 11, 2005
Anybody????
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
May 11, 2005
David,

Indeed, it appears you are right, unless we share some sort of common software conflict. For those accumstomed to using keyboard shortcuts, this would appear to be a major change in PS CS2. What I notice is that only those menu items showing an underscored character are accessible via an Alt+key sequence. In PS CS, the first letter of any menu item would allow you to skip to each item in the menu beginning with that letter, whereas PS CS2 does not work that way and instead exits the menu. I find this true of all menus, not just the Filter menu. Personally, I think such a change merits yet another reason for providing customizable toolbars, but that still is useless to those favoring a keyboard approach.

Regards,

Daryl
TM
Trevor_Morris
May 11, 2005
Yeah, I noticed this as well. In particular, I often use Alt+F,R,1 to open the most recently accessed file, but unfortunately this no longer works either 🙁
DS
david_stefan
May 12, 2005
Thanks guys, that was what I was afraid of. Something else to bug Adobe to fix . . . .

David in Phoenix

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections