Posted By
eisbaer
May 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

it seems that CS2 doesn’t remember the paths in the Automate / Web Photo Gallery Dialog. Every time I click on the Browse or Destination button the window opens with the My Workspace active. In CS the path which was last selected was always rememberd. It was much easier to change to anohter directory, as you hadn’t to click through all the directories down again and again.
Can somebody confirm this error? and is there a workaround?

Thanks a lot!
Frank

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

S
SpaceGirl
May 10, 2005
wrote:
Hi,

it seems that CS2 doesn’t remember the paths in the Automate / Web Photo Gallery Dialog. Every time I click on the Browse or Destination button the window opens with the My Workspace active. In CS the path which was last selected was always rememberd. It was much easier to change to anohter directory, as you hadn’t to click through all the directories down again and again.
Can somebody confirm this error? and is there a workaround?
Thanks a lot!
Frank

I’ve had that happen to me too! It seems to randomly forget paths. Sometimes it remembers them okay, other times it forgets. It’s VERY annoying when you have deep paths to work with. The work-around I found was to temporarily assign a drive letter to the folder I was working in. (Under Windows XP, open a DOS box, and type:

subst x: "c:\my files\web stuff\photoshop cs 2 forgets this path\"

(replace x: with whatever drive letter you want & have free) Windows will then see the files in the folder you chose as the root of drive x:
E
eisbaer
May 10, 2005
Nobody has this error…??
HM
Henrik_Meier
May 16, 2005
My CS2 does remember the path, so i don’t have your problem. You could use a utility like "filebox extender" that offers the last used paths on standard open or save boxes, it also works with the CS2 directory selector.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections