Clone/Healing/Burn/Dodge tool not working right.

SS
Posted By
Sheldon_Simpson
May 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
These tools had been working properly and then all of a sudden when you select one it does not work properly.

Clone/Healing – You can select the source spot and then when you try to paste to the target area it does nothing. The image appears to be untouched. I have tried resetting the tools. No go. If you try to close the image after doing this it requires saving so it thinks that something was done.

Burn/Dodge. Tool selects ok but nothing happens to the image and then the image would require saving.

I have tried resetting all of the tools with no luck.

The image in question is a 8 bit TIFF that only has one layer. I have tried over several images. I have shut down Photoshop and restarted as well as rebooting my system.

I can recall making any changes to my system that might have affected this.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

KC
Kent_C
May 9, 2005
As long as you are on one layer only, then either you had a selection active elsewhere or you need to delete the preference file:

PS problems pfs file

< http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/17478.html?origin=s tory>
JJ
John Joslin
May 9, 2005
Sheldon

Do you have a Wacom tablet? Is the pen near the tablet when this happens? If so, move it well away.

Kent

Your reference is a bit old (Version 7) and there’s an item right here in the forum under FAQ at the top of the page.
KC
Kent_C
May 9, 2005
John,

"Kent

Your reference is a bit old (Version 7) and there’s an item right here in the forum under FAQ at the top of the page."

You mean the one by Mathias that says for "version 6x or later"? πŸ™‚
JJ
John Joslin
May 9, 2005
TouchΓ© πŸ™‚

I have offered an up to date rewrite: no takers

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups πŸ”₯

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections