RP
Posted By
richard_pitcairn
Oct 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I upgraded Photoshop Elements to version 2, Adobe sent me a free CD for training. Has videos apparently that guide through procedures. I put it away for a while as I was moving. Tried using it today and got the message that it could not run because I was lacking a plugin called Mimetype "application/x-mplayer2". Of course I could not find this on the Adobe site and to call them to ask would cost me money. So here I am caught with the joy of a free training CD canceled with the vision of paying them to tell me why they did not give what I needed to run it.

Any one have a suggestion?

Richard

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
RobertHJones
Oct 2, 2003
That’s not an Adobe problem. You either don’t have a media player installed or it’s not set up to play that type of file. A media player should have come with your OS although some media types may require a specialized player. I don’t believe this one does though.

Check the system requirements listed on the training CD and verify that you have an appropriate media player installed.
RP
richard_pitcairn
Oct 2, 2003
Robert,

Thanks for the thought. I was assuming that whatever Adobe would give me along with Elements would work with the standard Mac OS. I am running OS 10.2.6 and have installed whatever is standard. I know there is Quicktime and also DVD player. I have no idea what else I would have to have on the hard disk to run it.
I will try some other third party software. Maybe that will work. I just downloaded VIC today.

Richard
JC
Jane_Carter
Oct 2, 2003
Hi Richard, Lots of Mac people had trouble with that CD, I never got it to work properly on any of my Macs. Got it going on my powerbook using a windows media something, but it would crash or just plain stop working.
Took it to a PC lab and got it running finally. I gave mine away, it was too frustrating. Go with one of the commercial ones, they are far far better. Jane
JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Oct 2, 2003
I ran the training CD – I wasn’t all that impressed. I’ve learned more in this group that that CD ever taught me.

wrote in message
Hi Richard, Lots of Mac people had trouble with that CD, I never got it to
work properly on any of my Macs. Got it going on my powerbook using a windows media something, but it would crash or just plain stop working.
Took it to a PC lab and got it running finally. I gave mine away, it was
too frustrating.
Go with one of the commercial ones, they are far far better. Jane
R
RobertHJones
Oct 2, 2003
Jane,

Now that you’ve jogged my memory, you’re right. I do remember lots of complaints about that. There are probably message threads in the forum archive if Richard wants to scan for them to see if anyone came up with a solution. But I agree with JoAnn, now that I remember which cd this is, I wasn’t impressed with it either.

Bob
JC
Jane_Carter
Oct 3, 2003
Right, I have learned more here on this great forum than any CD could ever teach. I admit that they do give a beginner a look at the interface and the tools, a visual start.
I don’t even know where my PSE CDs are, I think my grandsons have used them to play with or chew on, as I don’t use them any more.

I don’t even have to ask a question here most of the time, all I have to do is scan thru the posts and there are the answers with humor. I even print out answers and stuff them into my PSE books!

PSE is indeed addictive, and you people have made it the most possible fun for me! We don’t talk about the neglected housework,,,,,,
Jane
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 3, 2003
Richard, if you really want to see it, a couple of things. You have to set Internet Explorer as your default web browser, not Safari, you need to have Windows Media Player for mac (you can download it if you don’t), and you have to be connected to the internet.

I don’t think it’s so bad really, if you can get it to work. It’s a nice a little introduction to PE, but no more than that.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections