Jul 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
USA
ORLANDO FLORIDA
FATSNACKS.COM

A free video is available for download at www.fatsnacks.com.

The video covers the use of the Photoshop PEN TOOL which is by large the tool used for cutting objects out of photographs.

The video is really free. No sign ups. No emails required and no legal mumbo jumbo.

You should have a broadband connection, screen pixel resolution higher than 800 pixels wide and a sound card. The file is over 100MB in size to retain the high quality.

The ZIP file will require a ZIP FILE utility (www.download.com). A codec included in the ZIP file needs to be installed. Windows XP SP1 with all updates is suggested.

For tutorial requests, send an email request to the site email address listed there.

D
Www.Fatsnacks.Com

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PW
Pjotr Wedersteers
Jul 17, 2004
Download sucks. Gets cancelled within 5% of download. (Connection reset by server)
PW
Pjotr Wedersteers
Jul 17, 2004
Pjotr Wedersteers wrote:
Download sucks. Gets cancelled within 5% of download. (Connection reset by server)

Rephrase: I have succesfully downloaded the file and think > 100 mb to explain only part of what the pen tool does is a bit of a waste of bandwidth. Although video quality is impeccable, here a much smaller compressed version (using DivX, Mpeg or even animated gif, which is also supported by Camtasia, the tool the author used here, albeit the latter without sound of course) would serve the purpose. Can be quite expensive too if you pay per gigabyte! The special codec for the Camtasia lossless compressed AVI is nice, but a bit much here ?

Besides the 21 minutes this video runs are a bit over the top. All the tut does is tell something about print resolution scanning compared to websize scanning and a very basic extraction of a leaf from its black background using the pen tool. No more no less. I’d say a 3 minute video would achieve the same. Finally I would definitely choose different tools for extracting such a leaf from it’s full-black background. Why not use an example which deserves the use of the pen tool ?

Just my .02 $ or Euro, whichever you prefer…
Pjotr
W
wnor
Jul 17, 2004
Sorry for your problem but it worked just fine for me. If I remember, it was a fairly large file.
"Pjotr Wedersteers" …

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections