CB
Posted By
Chris Beamer
Feb 18, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to know if I have the option of installing the additional features included with Photoshop CS3 Extended? In particular,
the features that require high system resources like the 3D and rendering tools. To put it another way, can the added features in
Photoshop Extended be installed separately or optionally from Photoshop itself, or are they automatically installed?

My reason for wanting to know is that I can buy the Extended version for less than standard Photoshop, but I doubt my computer can
handle the extra high-end features, plus I don’t need them anyway.

Thanks in advance.
Chris

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mike Russell
Feb 18, 2009
On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 12:42:21 -0500, Chris Beamer wrote:

I would like to know if I have the option of installing the additional features included with Photoshop CS3 Extended? In particular,
the features that require high system resources like the 3D and rendering tools. To put it another way, can the added features in
Photoshop Extended be installed separately or optionally from Photoshop itself, or are they automatically installed?

No.

My reason for wanting to know is that I can buy the Extended version for less than standard Photoshop,

Buyer beware. Unless you are transferring ownership from someone who already owns the Extended version, I highly doubt that this offer is legal. The web is loaded with people selling cheap, illegitimate copies of Photoshop. Some of them have discovered that by charging a relatively large fraction of the list price, their pirated copies appear more legitimate. Illegal copies of Curvemeister are sold this way on any number of sites that also sell Photoshop.

but I doubt my computer can

This will not be a problem. In any case, you can download the 30 day trial from Adobe and take it for a test drive on your particular system.

Another thing to keep in mind is that there is no going back once you have the extended version. The cost of a future upgrade, if the copy you purchase is legal at all, will be higher.

Mike Russell – http://www.curvemeister.com
CB
Chris Beamer
Feb 19, 2009
Great advice Mike. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

~ Chris

"Mike Russell" wrote in message

I would like to know if I have the option of installing the additional features included with Photoshop CS3 Extended? In
particular,
the features that require high system resources like the 3D and rendering tools. To put it another way, can the added features
in

No.

My reason for wanting to know is that I can buy the Extended version for less than standard Photoshop,

Buyer beware. Unless you are transferring ownership from someone who already owns the Extended version, I highly doubt that this offer is legal. The web is loaded with people selling cheap, illegitimate copies of Photoshop. Some of them have discovered that by charging a relatively large fraction of the list price, their pirated copies appear more legitimate. Illegal copies of Curvemeister are sold this way on any number of sites that also sell Photoshop.

This will not be a problem. In any case, you can download the 30 day trial from Adobe and take it for a test drive on your particular system.
Another thing to keep in mind is that there is no going back once you have the extended version. The cost of a future upgrade, if the copy you purchase is legal at all, will be higher.

T
Toby
Feb 20, 2009
Caveat emptor indeed. I bought CS3 on Ebay from a seller who had sold hundreds of copies with 100% positive feedback. It arrived in a box looking absolutely perfect, I seemed to be able to register and I never had a problem until trying to upgrade a year later. On the phone Adobe could not "resolve" the serial–it was counterfeit. The only way to know is to check the serial number with Adobe, and by the time you have the serial it is usually too late to do anything about it.

At this point you are much better off with CS4 is you use camera raw, as it is no longer being updated for new cameras in CS3.

Toby

"Chris Beamer" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Great advice Mike. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

~ Chris

"Mike Russell" wrote in message

I would like to know if I have the option of installing the additional features included with Photoshop CS3 Extended? In
particular,
the features that require high system resources like the 3D and rendering tools. To put it another way, can the added features
in

No.

My reason for wanting to know is that I can buy the Extended version for less
than standard Photoshop,

Buyer beware. Unless you are transferring ownership from someone who already owns the Extended version, I highly doubt that this offer is legal.
The web is loaded with people selling cheap, illegitimate copies of Photoshop. Some of them have discovered that by charging a relatively large fraction of the list price, their pirated copies appear more legitimate. Illegal copies of Curvemeister are sold this way on any number
of sites that also sell Photoshop.

This will not be a problem. In any case, you can download the 30 day trial
from Adobe and take it for a test drive on your particular system.
Another thing to keep in mind is that there is no going back once you have
the extended version. The cost of a future upgrade, if the copy you purchase is legal at all, will be higher.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections