CS
Posted By
Cory Sawatzki
Apr 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having fits with some of my rips on the New Photoshop CS when I use LZW. I am saving files out of CS to my Network (yes I like to live dangerously). When I do this it will kill Distiller, Rampage, and some older rips. It however does not crash Some laser printers like the Imation Doc 12. Is anyone else having any troubles like this? Also it seems to be happening more off of Panther than 10.2.8. Any ideas?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
JasonSmith
Apr 19, 2004
Using three different RIP systems (ColorBurst, Wasatch, Photoprint Pro) and I’ve not had any type of issues with LZW tiffs.

AI/ID PDFs are another story.
CS
Cory Sawatzki
Apr 19, 2004
Are any of them large files. As in 300 dpi @ 24"x28"

And are you running Panther?
CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 19, 2004
The encoding of a TIFF file shouldn’t affect a PostScript RIP.

If you’re using something like ImagePrint that reads TIFF directly – then the problem is most likely in the RIP itself.

Also, some applications aren’t going to read TIFF correctly over 30k pixels, or over 2 Gigabytes.
CS
Carol_Schalla
Apr 19, 2004
I am having trouble with the new photostop in the creative suite package for mac. I am running panther. I can no longer double click on a jpeg to open it in photoshop. I have to go to the file menu, pull down open and select image and then it will open. It is not like the old photoshop program. We have 3 people which this is happening to in our office. Any suggestions on how to solve it?
Thank you.
CS
Cory Sawatzki
Apr 19, 2004
If you click on one of the images that you have saved and go to info, you can select which program you want that type of file to open. There is also a check box to make Photoshop open that kind of image all the time. Good luck, wrong thread.
J
JasonSmith
Apr 19, 2004
"Are any of them large files. As in 300 dpi @ 24"x28""

Not too big….say 360"x144" @72ppi. (we are mostly large format)

I’m not saying that you arent having RIP issues, I’m only trying to add confirmation that LZW does work….here at least.
CS
Cory Sawatzki
Apr 19, 2004
No, that is great Jason. I really appriciate your input.
R
Ram
Apr 19, 2004
I can no longer double click

Please read the FAQs on the index page, the same page where you found this topic.

This is one of the MOST frequent questions here.
R
Ram
Apr 19, 2004
Here:

Scott Weichert "Double clicking/drag and drop Photoshop files opens application but not file." 2/10/04 10:05am </cgi-bin/webx?50>
CS
Carol_Schalla
Apr 21, 2004
It worked. I reninstalled Photoshop CS and now my image files open fine. Double click and they open. Yeah!!
Thanks for your help.
Carol

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections