CC
Posted By
Carlton_Chin
Apr 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been working in print media most of my career and only dabbled with web page creation.

I have a few basic questions…

1 – Is it better to created web pages using Photoshop or ImageReady since they both have similar tool (e.g. slicing tools)?

2 – Let say I have website that has only four pages. Once I get the basic position of the logo, navigation button/rollovers, text, photos, etc. into position in ImageReady, is it better to create all four pages in a single ImageReady file or create four individual ImageReady files?

3 – For things like navigating rollover buttons and animated GIFs…is it better to create them as individual/separate elements or part of the web page being created in ImageReady?

Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

T
Todie
Apr 16, 2004
1 – ImageReady (save for the Web)
2 – slice each layout and place only the needed parts in GoLive (or the other : ) 3 – Individual elements (than take them apart and rebuild the html in GoLive)
J
jonf
Apr 19, 2004
You need to create html pages. ImageReady and Photoshop can only create image files, which can be placed into or linked with html files. You’ll need to either learn html or use an application like GoLive or Dreamweaver to make your html pages. Rollover buttons and such things are done with code.

Remember that Web pages are all simply code which is sent across the Internet to be decoded and displayed on the end-user’s browser. Image files can’t contain all the html code necessary to create an effective, interactive Website.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 19, 2004
jonf,

Not so. ImageReady and Photoshop will generate HTML pages to go along with the image files. Maybe not the world’s best HTML pages, but HTML docs nonetheless.
J
jonf
Apr 27, 2004
I stand corrected. I still don’t see how to create anything like rollover images or form buttons using PS alone, but it does indeed generate useful html pages.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections