KN
Posted By
kate_newcombe
Apr 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
we’re using photoshopCS on a g4 running osx.3 and are regularly getting problems with the lighting effects filter. the error message reads ‘could not complete command because a requested property value could not be found’ when the filter is selected from the menu when working with rgb documents. anyone got any ideas? cheers, kate

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DK
Doug_Katz
Apr 15, 2004
DK
Doug_Katz
Apr 15, 2004
kate, is there anything on your Clipboard when you see this problem? If so, from where was the Clipboard content copied? Illustrator? Somewhere else?
KN
kate_newcombe
Apr 16, 2004
Doug, hi. I’m often trying to apply the lighting filter through a channel into which i’ve just pasted a path from illustrator. The lighting effects filter sometimes works fine, especially if i’ve been working in photoshop for a while. I’ll just go see if cutting a photoshop object directly before calling up the filter resolves the issue. Sounds like you might have cracked it! thanks 🙂 kate x
DK
Doug_Katz
Apr 16, 2004
kate, the fix is to PURGE your Clipboard (File menu) before using the lighting effects filter. I asked my questions because I’m trying to isolate whether it’s clipboard content from AI alone or ANY clipboard content.

(Is that ‘x’ after your name a kiss?)
KN
kate_newcombe
Apr 17, 2004
Will give it a go Doug. Thanks *so* much for your help. and yes, in the uk, ‘x’ is most definitely a kiss! 🙂
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 17, 2004
Hmm …… now I suppose that Kate will be getting MY Godivas?
DK
Doug_Katz
Apr 17, 2004
Not in a million years.

She’ll be getting HER Godivas.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 18, 2004
That’s a relief!
:~)
ZS
Zina_Saunders
Apr 20, 2004
Doug, I have had this problem with Lighting Effects (and also a third party plug-in I occasionally use called Coco), and your solution works perfectly. I have experimented a bit with putting things on the clipboard from various programs, and it seems to be with Illustrator content that this happens, on my machine. Thanks again for solving what has been a perplexing problem!
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 25, 2004
Hello all,

First, I’m new to this board (I’m a 6 weeks old switcher). I’m a regular on the Photoshop Elements forum, though.

Anyway… I’ve had the same problem, but with Color Consultant Pro. I purged the clipboard and Bingo! It now works fine!

Thanks a lot,

Ray

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections