Minimize/Maximise Errors for PS CS2 in W2K(SP4)

NR
Posted By
Nick_Rains
May 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I notice that PS does not behave as other apps in that clicking on the PS app button on the Windows task bar does not open it up from minimised as per normal Windows ‘protocol’.

The button appears depressed but PS does not open up. if I select another app the PS button pops up as you would expect to show it is minimised but clicking on it makes it depress but no sign of the PS window. I have to right-click/restore to get back to the PS window.

If I have 2 apps open, one behind the other, selecting the relavent button will correctly swap focus between PS and the other app. If I minimise PS out of sight I cannot get it back without right-click/restore.

All other apps work as normal, as did CS.

Any ideas why this might be so?

Nick Rains
Australia

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DD
Don_Doyle_1111
May 5, 2005
I have that same problem but also when I minimize a file and then try to open it again, I get an error message that says "CS2 has a problem and has to close".

See thread titled:
"CS2 has a problem and has to close" ERROR

Don

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections