how to create an image visible only under ultra violet light?

CW
Posted By
conor_walsh
May 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to put an element in an image in photoshop that when printed will only be visible under ultra violet light. I’m told its possible but can’t find the font colour to make it happen. Can anybody help me out?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
RSD99
May 5, 2005
You will need special inks, and probably need to use a ‘Spot Color’ channel for those inks. These inks are probably *not* available for desktop printers.

At this point, probably the best, and likely the ONLY, advice anyone can give you is … talk to your (commercial … four-color) printer.

wrote in message
I’m trying to put an element in an image in photoshop that when printed
will only be visible under ultra violet light. I’m told its possible but can’t find the font colour to make it happen. Can anybody help me out?
C
Corey
May 5, 2005
Many types of paper glow under UV light (black light). You may be able to exploit this characteristic but will still need an ink that cannot be seen under regular light.

See http://www.online-shopping-help.com/ink/black-light-ink.html or google "Black Light ink" +cartridge and see what comes up. There are black light inks that are invisible under normal light and these may be available for silk screening. getting a cartridge for a printer may be difficult.

Peadge 🙂

"RSD99" wrote in message
You will need special inks, and probably need to use a ‘Spot Color’
channel
for those inks. These inks are probably *not* available for desktop printers.

At this point, probably the best, and likely the ONLY, advice anyone can give you is … talk to your (commercial … four-color) printer.

wrote in message
I’m trying to put an element in an image in photoshop that when printed
will only be visible under ultra violet light. I’m told its possible but can’t find the font colour to make it happen. Can anybody help me out?
JR
John_R_Nielsen
May 5, 2005
Make that element (a Photoshop Element?) on a Spot Color channel. Then tell your print provider to use a flourescent ink that’s colorless under normal illumination for that spot color.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections