JB
Posted By
just bob
May 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What I would really love is a way to edit the XMP files outside of Photoshop. ie, the ones in this folder

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Adobe\XMP

For event shooting I might make 100 templates in advance and I’ll assign one to each photo as I review my keepers for a day of shooting. But since there are only three fields which change for each of the 100 templates an XMP editor would be very sweet, and easily worth $50 or more to me.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JB
just bob
May 14, 2008
Corrected path:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Adobe\XMP\Metadata Templates

"just bob" wrote in message
What I would really love is a way to edit the XMP files outside of Photoshop. ie, the ones in this folder

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Adobe\XMP
For event shooting I might make 100 templates in advance and I’ll assign one to each photo as I review my keepers for a day of shooting. But since there are only three fields which change for each of the 100 templates an XMP editor would be very sweet, and easily worth $50 or more to me.
JB
just bob
May 14, 2008
You know I thought XMP was just text but when I open it with notepad it looks like binary garbage….

BUT…

If you open it with an HTML editor it is all there.

So now I am using an HTML editor to edit my metadata templates for CS3, and I just do a Find/Replace for the text I want to change. It is far from elegant but usable.

I hope this helps someone else, too, or someone please show me an even better way.

Thanks!
-Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections