DR
Posted By
Danny Raphael
Apr 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can’t possibily image what it’s like to come up with a new version of Photoshop… identifying features, deciding on (fighting over?) which ones to implement, design, development, coding, redesign, redevelopment, testing, debugging, performance analysis, compatibility testing, alpha and beta testing, quality assurance, documentation, marketing, yadda-yadda-yadda. So much goes on behind the scenes.

Then there’s the pre-release notice announcement 🙂 followed by the official announcement and (surprise) CS2 starts shipping weeks before it was expected. Finally, customers start installing it and this forum lights up with the first of many waves of CS2-related questions and issues.

Something that’s very visible is the participation of Chris and Scott in support of CS2. (Forgive me for not citing other Adobe contributors by name… C & S are the only ones I know of for sure. Please note others if you know them.) In many ways they are the "face of Adobe" during what must be a highly stressful time.

While there’s no such thing as a perfect release of a major product like Photoshop, I’m sure grateful for folks like Scott, Chris and their teammates who do their best to help out under difficult circumstances.

So "Thanks a bunch." Your efforts are sincerely appreciated by many more than you will ever know.

~Danny~

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 30, 2005
Aw, man – you’re making me blush….
KC
Kent_C
Apr 30, 2005
Hear, Hear! I’ll add Ian and Len and some of the regular posters who are helpful as well – too many to name.
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 30, 2005
CS2 starts shipping weeks before it was expected.

yea… <grr…> 🙂

I totally agree. Cheers to all. We get to see chris and scott and marc and stephanie mostly, but there are dozens of others who don’t visit regularly (that we know of!<g>). So you visible guys, please pass on our thanks and praise for a great upgrade! You all did a fantastic job and I wish we could get to know more of you.

We don’t bite you know… usually… 🙂

Stop by and say hi. Tell us what parts of the program you’ve worked on and let us pick your brains and thank you in "person".
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Apr 30, 2005
And of course the venerable Thomas Knoll, who has piped up on occasion regarding Camera Raw developments.
JS
Jeff_Schewe
Apr 30, 2005
Yeah, yeah, yeah. . .the boys done good. . .but don’t tell them that, it’ll just make their heads swell and make them think they deserve a raise (ok, well they do, but. . .)

Just tell them they didn’t screw up too bad. . .and get to work on the next one!

It’s 18 months and counting! Don’t sit around on your butts!
LL
Larry_Ligon
Apr 30, 2005
I agree. Thanks especially to Chris who also hangs out in the adobe.photoshop.scripting forum.

Larry
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 30, 2005
Just adding my vote of appreciation.

We all tend to point out what we don’t like and fail to mention what a fantastic job the team has done.

Thanks again!
D
deebs
Apr 30, 2005
Sentiments and good wishes seconded by deebs
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 30, 2005
Yes – Excellent job guys and gals.

Yes, there will be gripes over the coming weeks about features we wish we’d been given.

Yes, there will be the odd ‘bug’ or two raising it’s ugly head.

Thing to remember is you can’t please all of the people all of the time. But rest assured you please most of us most of the time.

So once again – fantastic job.

Don’t think we’re going to let you rest on your laurels however. We’re already making wish lists for CS3 !! <grin>

Chris.
N
NTD
Apr 30, 2005
Yes, thank you for a fantastic upgrade AND for coming around to answer questions and give help. You’ve got to know it is appreciated.
CM
craig_mullins
Apr 30, 2005
photoshop itself is a more impressive creation than anything I have seen done with it 🙂
MM
Mick_Murphy
Apr 30, 2005
I’d like to add my appreciation too. Getting a new version of Photoshop is the best thing since Santa Claus. So many new things to explore all at once.
S
scb
Apr 30, 2005
You can add my thanks and appreciation as well.

Shel
AT
Apple_Tom
Apr 30, 2005
Way to go Danny. We love to whine, but we often forget the big THANK YOU that these guys deserve. And you’ve got to love Chris Cox’s humble attitude here on these Adobe user to user forums.

Thanks Chris Cox; and every other Adobe person for a great new version of my favorite software, and thanks for hanging out on these boards!
G
GordonGraham
Apr 30, 2005
It is really remarkable to have so much direct access to the developers of a product. It really makes a difference and helps to clear up any problems or misunderstandings. I’d like to add my sincere thanks to the team at Adobe for developing such a great product and for taking the extra effort to help us all out.

Gordon
DM
dave_milbut
May 1, 2005
DA
Donald_Allen
May 2, 2005
Good job guys! You guys keep making it easy to shell out for the upgrade price!
JK
John_Kallios
May 2, 2005
I know this is not at the top of many user’s list of being pleased by new features.

But, I really like the save to PhotoshopPDF dialog and available settings.

Especially being able to save spot channels, live text plus transparency. 🙂

I know, not as glamorous as the vanishing point, but I am VERY happy with the addition.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
May 2, 2005
The Spot Healing Brush ROCKS.
D
deebs
May 2, 2005
I guess we should spare a thought and extend thanks to the behind scenes people and first line contact too?

To the box packers, despatch, marketing and managing the roll out, sales order processing, website designers and maintainers …

Well done all!
B
BobLevine
May 2, 2005
John,

Note that if those files are going to be used in InDesign you should save them with a PDP extension.

Bob
PH
Photo_Help
May 2, 2005
Feel free to post your addresses so we can send gifts in exchange for feature requests 🙂
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
May 2, 2005
….and photos, so we know who the goddess and princesses of the 10th floor are! 🙂

And ditto on the kudos to everyone, as Photoshop is obviously a complex application to provide with all the features that it offers, even when we nag a bit about what it lacks.
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
May 2, 2005
…..but are you guys good enough to give me an additional 5 weeks to teach all the new features!!! In the 5 years I’ve been teaching Photoshop, Classroom in a Book has almost doubled in size, but they still only give us 15 weeks to teach it in!!!!

What most people don’t realize is how far this program has come in a very short time! Remember no layers, remember no adjustment layers, etc!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Chris, Scott and the rest of the Adobe team for building us the best software out there!!!!!!!! Now get back to work %*)
PH
Photo_Help
May 2, 2005
Christine,

Yes but do you remember how many people didn’t even know how to use a computer going into a class. Also consider how many steps used to be involved for simple tasks like making a drop shadow. It is scary how easy things have become. I sometimes worry about job security, then I remember that kids can play around in Photoshop all they want but it still takes time, patience and practice to do it right.

I think you can handle it. I just feel bad for your poor students 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections