M
Posted By
metoh
Apr 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Back in the old versions (at least 6,7 and CS), whenever you held CTRL and clicked a layer from the layer list, the object that was on that layer was selected (had the broken-line thingy around him).
Now, in CS2, you can’t do that, because the CTRL key is used for multiple layer selection. Is there a way to bring it back to how it was, or any alternative simple way to do it?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

T
tmalcom
Apr 29, 2005
I just wrestled with this too. Turns out that you now have to click the thumbnail instead of anywhere on the layer in the palette.
LA
lindsay_alexander
May 1, 2005
Thank you soooo much for posting this. I almost fainted when I CTRL + Click’d and nothing happened. Wandered around in Photoshopcafe.com *hoping* with all my heart there would be some mention of this. But nope… had to come here and glad I did. Thanks again!
M
metoh
May 1, 2005
Great!
Thnx a bunch man! that was the only thing that held me from using CS2. Glad I asked. 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections