How can i save layers as seperate images?

E
Posted By
engelkott
Aug 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi!

I would like to save a picture that i have created that has 30 layers as individual files. I have looked at help files and a couple of books i have on PS7 but to no avail. I have even spent an hour searching on the web with no success.

Any help would be apprechiated.

Thanks in advance,

Engelkott

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

E
edjh
Aug 3, 2003
Warren Sarle wrote:
"£ngelkott" wrote in message

I would like to save a picture that i have created that has 30 layers as individual files. I have looked at help files and a couple of books i have on PS7 but to no avail. I have even spent an hour searching on the web with no success.

Larry B. Ligon has posted a Javascript to do this on the Adobe forum for
Photoshop scripting. Go to the Adobe web site and check out the
Photoshop Scripting plug-in. If you decide you want to take the plunge
into the exciting and frustrating world of Photoshop scripting but
can’t find Larry’s script, I can email you a copy.

And if you DON’T want to delve into scripting, try:
http://www.metadma.com/LayerSplitter.html

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
IP
i.perryman
Aug 3, 2003
If you’re only going to do it for the one image, or for a small number of images why not use the good ole fashioned manual method.
i.e. right click layer 1 in the layers palette
Click on Duplicate Layer
Change the Destination Document to ‘New’ using the window arrow Leave the Name box empty and Photoshop creates a new file with only one layer called Untitled 1
*Dont save yet*

Right click on Layer 2 in the original and repeat the process – you get another new file called Untitled 2 etc etc etc

Save all your images at the end

Alternatively type a name for each image as it duplicates and save as you step through the layers

If you’re going to use this routine again it might be worth recording it as an Action.

This works in 6.01 so I assume 7 is much the same

"
A
A
Aug 8, 2003
What I do is drag the layers I don’t want into the garbage can, or delete it and then click ‘File’, ‘Save As’ give it a name and close it; them open the orignal one and do that to another; and so on, until all the layers are saved.

"
IP
i.perryman
Aug 8, 2003
Why not right click the layer in the layers palette, choose Duplicate Layer and then, using the arrow to the right of the Destination Document window, change the destination doc to New.
You then get a new file with only one layer which you can then save

"A" wrote in message
What I do is drag the layers I don’t want into the garbage can, or delete
it
and then click ‘File’, ‘Save As’ give it a name and close it; them open
the
orignal one and do that to another; and so on, until all the layers are saved.

"
A
A
Aug 8, 2003
That works great! Quick and easy!

"i.perryman" wrote in message
Why not right click the layer in the layers palette, choose Duplicate
Layer
and then, using the arrow to the right of the Destination Document window, change the destination doc to New.
You then get a new file with only one layer which you can then save
"A" wrote in message
What I do is drag the layers I don’t want into the garbage can, or
delete
it
and then click ‘File’, ‘Save As’ give it a name and close it; them open
the
orignal one and do that to another; and so on, until all the layers are saved.

"

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections