R
Posted By
ross
Mar 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to add an image to another image then batch process.. Having real issues… can someone advise the proper procedure, please? Works fine when simply adding text, but not when adding a .gif. Thank you, Dick Ross www.seekcrun.com

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

K
KatWoman
Mar 29, 2008
"ross" wrote in message
I am trying to add an image to another image then batch process.. Having real issues… can someone advise the proper procedure, please? Works fine when simply adding text, but not when adding a .gif. Thank you, Dick Ross www.seekcrun.com

just guessing here did not try it

maybe a conflict of modes??
gifs are not always RGB full color

you cannot drag gif format onto another image
use cut and paste?
R
ross
Mar 29, 2008
That is true… I need to make it a RGB before adding to the other text… I will try the cut and paste..I think there may an action that I should make, but real dumb about that. Thanks, Dick Ross

"KatWoman" wrote in message
"ross" wrote in message

use cut and paste?
R
ross
Mar 30, 2008
No Cut and Paste available…. the batch process breaks down when I try to use the .gif to drag to image..
I am trying to add an image to another image then batch process.. Having
real issues… can someone advise the proper procedure, please? Works fine when simply adding text, but not when adding a .gif. Thank you, Dick Ross

"ross" wrote in message
That is true… I need to make it a RGB before adding to the other text… I will try the cut and paste..I think there may an action that I should make, but real dumb about that. Thanks, Dick Ross

"ross" wrote in message

use cut and paste?

K
KatWoman
Mar 30, 2008
"ross" wrote in message
No Cut and Paste available…. the batch process breaks down when I try to use the .gif to drag to image..
real issues… can someone advise the proper procedure, please? Works fine when simply adding text, but not when adding a .gif. Thank you, Dick Ross

"ross" wrote in message

"ross" wrote in message

use cut and paste?

OK you need to record ALL the actions
including changing the gif to rgb then select all> cut> paste >close gif w/o saving
then batch process using that action you created

why not save the gif as a jpg or tif first and then do it?? save yourself some grief?
R
ross
Mar 31, 2008
THANK YOU, and I am trying to add an image with a transparent background and that means .gif to me. The .tig works to keep the transparent background… Here are my recorded steps which usually work when I add text…but not here..
http://www.seekcrun.com/htmdocs/labeling.html

Here is the message that I get when I try the batch process "the object "previous document’ is not currently available. "

Thanks for your time. Dick Ross

"ross" wrote in message
real issues… can someone advise the proper procedure, please? Works fine
when simply adding text, but not when adding a .gif. Thank you, Dick Ross

"ross" wrote in message

"ross" wrote in message

use cut and paste?

including changing the gif to rgb then select all> cut> paste >close gif w/o saving

why not save the gif as a jpg or tif first and then do it?? save yourself some grief?
R
ross
Mar 31, 2008
THANK YOU, and I am trying to add an image with a transparent background and that means .gif to me. The .tig works to keep the transparent background… Here are my recorded steps which usually work when I add text…but not here..

Here is the message that I get when I try the batch process "the object "previous document’ is not currently available. "

"ross" wrote in message

"ross" wrote in message

"ross" wrote in message

use cut and paste?

R
ross
Mar 31, 2008
Changing to .tif helps tremendously, but I still get errors in the batch process. Thank you,
"ross" wrote in message

"ross" wrote in message

"ross" wrote in message
That is true… I need to make it a RGB before adding to the other text… I will try the cut and paste..I think there may an action that I
should make, but real dumb about that. Thanks, Dick Ross

"ross" wrote in message

use cut and paste?

C
Carrie
Mar 31, 2008
"ross" wrote in message

"ross" wrote in message

"ross" wrote in message

use cut and paste?

I spend hours yesterday trying to do this to see if I could figure it out. Just to learn
What I’d end up with is the rectangle "selection" around the gif I had to select in order to copy and paste on the picture (first, while recording) It can’t be dragged on (because it’s a gif?) I’m not sure and gave up at the time, but wouldn’t changing it to a jpg loose the transparency? I think it the time I took trying to do this, I could have copy pasted the gif onto the pictures one by one instead of batching.
Though if there’s a way to do it, it would be good to find it out. I even tried adding extra layers before the gif but still all I’d get on the batch was the selected rectangle not the gif.
I really want to know ALL there is to know about PS, it’s frustrating to try and do something I don’t really understand. Up till now I’ve only used batch for resizing, or renaming.
I don’t know if I’d ever want to put a gif on that way, but I’d like to know how if it’s possible.
K
KatWoman
Apr 1, 2008
"Carrie" wrote in message
"ross" wrote in message

"ross" wrote in message

"ross" wrote in message

use cut and paste?

I spend hours yesterday trying to do this to see if I could figure it out. Just to learn
What I’d end up with is the rectangle "selection" around the gif I had to select in order to copy and paste on the picture (first, while recording) It can’t be dragged on (because it’s a gif?) I’m not sure and gave up at the time, but wouldn’t changing it to a jpg loose the transparency? I think it the time I took trying to do this, I could have copy pasted the gif onto the pictures one by one instead of batching. Though if there’s a way to do it, it would be good to find it out. I even tried adding extra layers before the gif but still all I’d get on the batch was the selected rectangle not the gif.
I really want to know ALL there is to know about PS, it’s frustrating to try and do something I don’t really understand. Up till now I’ve only used batch for resizing, or renaming.
I don’t know if I’d ever want to put a gif on that way, but I’d like to know how if it’s possible.

why?? I answered this already

including changing the gif to rgb (then select all> cut> paste >close gif w/o
saving

to elaborate on my answer

now that I did one

open the document you need to paste the gif onto

make a new action, name it, press record button

open the gif image

go to MODE and change it to RGB

now you can drag it onto your opened image

close the gif image

when it says do you want to save changes say NO

now do whatever else you need

now press stop

go to batch

that action will be at the top

point it to the folder of images (or open all the images you want changed and choose that)

open the dialog and select a folder to save in and a renaming style

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections