A1
Posted By
ale_1
Apr 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just got a calcomp drawingboard II with a pressure sensitive pen. I try to use it in photoshop, but when i apply pressure on the pen it doesn’t work, it only works with the full pressure applyed as a mouse click. I installed the latest drivers from Calcomp. Is this tablet’s pressure feature compatible with photoshop cs?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

SB
Scott_Byer
Apr 28, 2005
If they aren’t exporting a WinTab compatible interface, it may not be. You’ll need to check with CalComp on that.

-Scott

wrote:
I just got a calcomp drawingboard II with a pressure sensitive pen. I try to use it in photoshop, but when i apply pressure on the pen it doesn’t work, it only works with the full pressure applyed as a mouse click. I installed the latest drivers from Calcomp. Is this tablet’s pressure feature compatible with photoshop cs?
PE
Patrik_Eriksson
May 17, 2005
So, yet another tablet’s pen pressure that doesn’t work in PS. Is it CS2? Have a look at
Don McCahill, "CS2 – no support for Aiptek tablet anymore?" #1, 28 Apr 2005 6:02 pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

Is it only wacom that works? Wonder how that can be? Is all other tablet maker’s drivers incompatible?
D
deebs
May 17, 2005
I guess (and IMHO) it shows a level of support and dedication to consumers that only the most committed manufacturers show?

Let me clarify that:
In the rapidity of changes in hardware, software, operating systems, web, net, networks, and the caboodle … only yhe best organisations seem to have a rapid reaction ‘tweak’ force.

If drivers for a new spec don’t yet mean that spec it really shows what commitment that organisation has to it’s present consumer base. IMHO
CC
Chris_Cox
May 18, 2005
Patrik – Wacom was one of a few to have their driver working correctly…. The other makers are having to make fixes to their drivers (which is odd since Photoshop didn’t change it’s tablet code).

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections