Posted By
Ulli.usenet
Mar 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,
I’ve been looking for a realistic crayon brush for some time now, without real success so far. If possible, it should also be pressure sensitive (Wacom Intuos).

The closest I came to was the crayon in Artrage 2.22, but that is useless for PS. It should reproduce the fat, waxy appearance of a classical crayon, not as fine grained as most chalk tools.

I’ve asked in cgap and apw already and got some motivating answers, but am still looking for a ready-to-use tool.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance!

U.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

K
KatWoman
Mar 24, 2008
"Ulrich G. Kliegis" wrote in message
Hi all,
I’ve been looking for a realistic crayon brush for some time now, without real success so far. If possible, it should also be pressure sensitive (Wacom Intuos).

The closest I came to was the crayon in Artrage 2.22, but that is useless for PS. It should reproduce the fat, waxy appearance of a classical crayon, not as fine grained as most chalk tools.
I’ve asked in cgap and apw already and got some motivating answers, but am still looking for a ready-to-use tool.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance!

U.

you can make any black and white image into a paint brush so take a screen shot of the brush from the other program or make your own image
then use the tools in the palette to customize it

you can do something called dual brush as well
for example:: the crayon stroke has two parts
the smoother texture transparent line would just be a low opacity round brush
and then the part with little bits of waxy buildups would be the second brush a texture brush set to wide spacing and set to scatter
K
KatWoman
Mar 24, 2008
"KatWoman" wrote in message
Hi all,

Any hints?

Thanks in advance!

U.

you can make any black and white image into a paint brush so take a screen shot of the brush from the other program or make your own image

and then the part with little bits of waxy buildups would be the second brush a texture brush set to wide spacing and set to scatter
P.S> any and all the brushes can be set to pressure sensitive open the brush palette and set it there
UU
Ulli.usenet
Mar 30, 2008
KW,
thanks for this advice! Although I am not yet quite sure of what to do with the scanned / captured "foreign" crayon in the phase that you call
then use the tools in the palette to customize it,

I’ll just give it a try and play a bit with it.

I guess I’ll have to set up the two components separately and then fuse them to that dual brush, right? I’ve read the manual and gathered tons of tutorials with the result that I end up seeing no forest, just trees… 🙂

Thanks and cheers,

U.

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:32:09 -0400, "KatWoman" wrote in alt.graphics.photoshop:

K
KatWoman
Mar 30, 2008
KW,
thanks for this advice! Although I am not yet quite sure of what to do with the scanned / captured "foreign" crayon in the phase that you call
then use the tools in the palette to customize it,

I’ll just give it a try and play a bit with it.

I guess I’ll have to set up the two components separately and then fuse them to that dual brush, right? I’ve read the manual and gathered tons of tutorials with the result that I end up seeing no forest, just trees… 🙂

Thanks and cheers,

U.

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:32:09 -0400, "KatWoman" wrote in alt.graphics.photoshop:

with the scanned / captured "foreign" crayon in the phase that you

I am between versions kept CS and new to CS3

OK I just went to CS3 and could not find EDIT>define brush preset

of course they attempt to simplify our lives by confusing us ahh changes………
I had to choose SHOW ALL MENUS first

or you can change what shows in the menus in MENUS…

when you have an image you want to use as a brush,
or part of an image in a selection
EDIT>define brush preset

it will add the shape as a brush tip

here is one I use frequently
http://retouchpro.com/tutorials/?m=show&id=287

http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/brush7/crayon/crayon.htm

a quick Google turns up already made ones
http://creativemac.digitalmedianet.com/articles/viewarticle. jsp?id=21174

always check Adobe Studio Exchange too

lots of people share shapes, brushes, frames, styles

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extens ionDetail&loc=en_us&extid=1226518

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections