Posted By
Jim Mizera
Sep 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I want to know if there is any way you can put a watermark or copyright on a jpeg image in Photoshop Elements. I read the Photoshop Elements Help guide and it seems to say that you can add a copyright symbol to the image window’s title bar. As I read this, it means you can’t put the symbol on the actual photo. As it is, I don’t see the copyright anywhere when I save the image with Copyright Notice text.

Do you have to buy a more sophisticated version of Photoshop to do this? I understand you can do it with Photo Impact. Is there any basic package that comes with Windows that you can use to add a watermark/copyright notice?

Any assistance is appreciated.

J

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EM
Elena Murphy
Sep 18, 2003
You can add a layer with your copyright info or logo on top of your image and distribute it flattened so whomever gets it will see the "watermark". Making the opacity fairly light should work. Photoshop Pro has a third party plugin called Digimarc that will embed a watermark into an image but you still need to subscribe to register that watermark number or else you just get a generic watermark. Elements can read this watermark, but does not embed it.

The copyright symbol you’re talking about should appear before the name of the image in the title bar. You are correct in that nothing will change about the image itself if you use this symbol (found via the File Info dialog).
KP
Kevin Parnell
Sep 19, 2003
Jim,

Open your photo and create a new layer. Flood fill the new layer with white. Place black text on the white layer, and when it’s set, merge down. (Don’t flatten…) Then go Filter>Stylize>emboss. Your white layer should now look gray with raised writing. Go to the layers palette and change the blend mode to hard light. You should now have your photo visible with a clear raised watermark on it.

K. Parnell
KE
Ken_E._Little
Oct 31, 2003
How do you access the Copyright symbol? I think it is something like "069" but in combination with some other key.
PD
Pete_D
Oct 31, 2003
Ken,

© Hold alt key down and then 0169 on the numeric keypad (on the right hand side of your keyboard).

Pete

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections