Mike Russell
Feb 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
"strange bird" wrote in message
Hi
I’ m new to this group, and first of all I woul greet all of you.
Question: is it possible to zoom a layer?
When I use the zoom tool, the whole drawing zooms, including the background and all layers above it.
For example I have a picture of the sky (background), and I draw an airplane on it (layer1), than I want to zoom the airplane, but I don’t know how to do it.
I run Photoshop v. 4 🙂

Use the transform tool. This allows you to scale the contents of one layer. In your case, type ctrl-A followed by ctrl-T to scale an object located on an otherwise transparent layer.

Mike Russell – www.curvemeister.com

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SB
strange bird
Feb 22, 2008
Hi
I’ m new to this group, and first of all I woul greet all of you.

Question: is it possible to zoom a layer?
When I use the zoom tool, the whole drawing zooms, including the background and all layers above it.
For example I have a picture of the sky (background), and I draw an airplane on it (layer1), than I want to zoom the airplane, but I don’t know how to do it.
I run Photoshop v. 4 🙂

thnx
NS
no_spam_from_scumbags
Feb 24, 2008
Mike should have pointed out that using the transform tool doesn’t zoom the layer. It actually changes the contents of the layer in the case of changing the size it makes it large or smaller adding or removing pixels. There is no way to zoom layer. You can as Mike said make the contents bigger but it isn’t a display only type of thing.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections