RS
Posted By
ryan_selmore
Apr 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Such a headache. I re-installed OS X (10.3.2) and now Photoshop wont print b/c my printer (hp deskjet 3820) doesnt show up in the printer list. It does fine with other apps (apple works, text edit) but only in the Photoshop print dialoge does it not show up. I have re-intalled Photoshop twice trying to fix it but to no avail. If anyone has any ideas I would very much appriciate them. Thanks much…

Ryan

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SW
Scott_Weichert
Apr 9, 2004
did you reinstall the printer in the Print center?
RS
ryan_selmore
Apr 9, 2004
Thanks for replying. I did do that. No luck though..
CK
Clennon_King
Apr 10, 2004
Photoshop won’t respond to my printer either. At least not when I am trying to get a scanned image from my hp all in one to photoshop to reduce the size. The Image button appears to be off limits. Help.
R
Ram
Apr 10, 2004
Ryan and Clennon,

My experience tells me that over 90% of the printing problems reported by Mac users here and on the Apple discussion boards involve HP printers.

I suppose it’s safe to assume that HP tech support has been of no help so far?

When you re-installed Photoshop, did you remember to trash Photoshop’s preferences first, and (b) did you Repair Permissions (with Apple’s Disk Utility) before and after the re-installation.
RS
ryan_selmore
Apr 11, 2004
Thanks Ramon. I re-installed again, this time reparing premissions before and after installation and deleted the preferences. Even updated Photoshop to 7.0.1. Still wont recognize it though, unfortunatly. And yeah, HP cant help me it seems. Still hoping for a fix..
B
Buko
Apr 11, 2004
10.3.3 is the latest system now
B
Buko
Apr 11, 2004
Also I wouldn’t use an HP if you paid me.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections