BG
Posted By
Bob_Golden
Apr 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I posted this message almost a year ago and have gotten no replies so I’m trying again.

I saved some files as Photoshop EPS files in 5.0. These files simply opened as other files did in 5.0. The size and resolution of the files remained the same.

Since I upgraded to 7.0, I get a Rasterize dialog window every time I try to open one of these files (in 5.0 or in 7.0). And it seems to me that all of the specs of the original file are gone.

Can’t find anything in the 7.0 manual. Can someone tell me how to open these files like I used to?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JS
John_Slate
Apr 8, 2004
Typically, the rasterize dialog from opening an EPS is due to vector data saved into the EPS (But MUST be rasterized when opening – you get a warning when saving EPS with vector info).

Since vectors didn’t come around until v6, I can’t imagine what is going on. EPS files saved out of 5 should open. Period.

Are you absolutely certain these where saved from v5?

Try to file>place one of these problem files in Illustrator (unlinked) and see if you get any layers with type or paths that are acting as masks for flat embedded raster fills. Check the links palette for more than one image.

You can also check the pixel count of your main image in Illy, and if the work of recreating the vector layers (if there are any) seems not worth it you can rasterize the whole thing in PS at the original rez that you figure from Illy document info>embedded images.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections