Posted By
Maryo
Apr 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I’m tempted to install Windows XP 64bit edition, I had read how CS2 can take benefit from the new 64bit operating system. My HW. is fully compatible and I get mostly of the drivers I need.

Before install, I kindly ask the following questions to 64bit experienced people:

– Is CS (not CS2) 64bit compatible ?

– Here I use a Graphire 2 Wacom tablet, unfortunatly no 64bit driver for such device, there are a native support embedded in the op.sys ?

– And what’s about the plugins ? For example, KPT3, 5, Effects, Humansoftware, Andromeda and Extensis, everything run fine ?

Thanking in advance for any advice.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Apr 26, 2005
Those are indeed among the questions to be asked.
B
BobLevine
Apr 26, 2005
CS should run just fine, but it won’t take advantage of the 64 bit O/S.

Check with the other manufacturers for details on their products.

Bob
SB
Scott_Byer
Apr 26, 2005
Microsoft worked very hard on 32-bit app compatibility in Windows XP 64 Bit Edition. Photoshop CS and all the plug-ins should work fine. Photoshop CS2 was tested with Windows XP 64 Bit Edition as well, and works well with it.

-Scott

wrote:
Hi all,

– Is CS (not CS2) 64bit compatible ?
– And what’s about the plugins ? For example, KPT3, 5, Effects, Humansoftware, Andromeda and Extensis, everything run fine ?
M
Maryo
Apr 27, 2005
Thanks all for the answer, now I know more and I think I’m ready for the 64bit Xperience.

Cheers,

Mario
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Apr 27, 2005
In a newsletter I received from Wacom, they announced imminent support for XP64, but no exact date. Check with them if they do have a beta test?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections