MS
Posted By
Merrily_Schmid
Apr 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
We are updating old PageMaker documents in which we had placed 2 color spot color DCS files from Photoshop. A while back I had asked in the InDesign forum how to save these DCS files to work with InDesign 2.0 and PDFs, and someone suggested to save as a PSD file. So I tried that and InDesign won’t let me place the images because it says:

"The file uses an unsupported color space. Only RGB, CMYK, Lab, Grayscale, Indexed and Bitmap formats are supported by the Photoshop filter." (Not the MultiChannel Mode that the images are currently saved in)

So now what do we do? Several of our old 2-Color PageMaker jobs were created using logos and graphics created in Photoshop and saved as DCS files to retain the spot colors they used. How do we go about getting these images to work with InDesign as spot-color images?

I am also posting this question in the InDesign forum.

Thanks!

Merrily

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 7, 2004
See if this helps:
Ann Shelbourne "spot colors in photoshop file" 3/30/04 4:06pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/1>
MS
Merrily_Schmid
Apr 7, 2004
Thank you Ann!

That does the trick! Can’t wait tho’ til we get IDCS!

Merrily

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections