PP
Posted By
Pete Pederson
Sep 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How can I reduce/remove grain in the background of an image using Elements? I’d rather not spend money on a plug in, so I’d really appreciate instructions/suggestions for doing this with Elements alone.
Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JH
Jim Hess
Sep 12, 2003
Try the Filter|Noise|Despeckle. It is kind of a quirky filter, but it sometimes works for me.
RC
Richard Coencas
Sep 12, 2003
Often doing a duplicate layer above the background, applying a gaussian blur and then changing to Color Mode will give some smoothing as well.

Rich
PP
Pete Pederson
Sep 12, 2003
Will give both of these a try. Thanks.
Z
ZR
Sep 18, 2003
I had the same problem scanning with my Epson 2400 (at 2400 dpi).

the I discovered that for some reason PE 2 gets an RGB file (B&W but RGB…). I still don’t know how to permanently (by default) get rid of that, but since then, I click on:

IMAGE / MODE / Grayscale

which conberts the photo to Grayscae; AND gets rid of the heavy grain…!! Try it.

Later on I go in again with all the filters and blur effects etc. But first see if you have the same RGB problem.

Oh – and if you find how to set it to GRAYSCALE as Defult, please let me know too…

ZR

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:19:50 -0700, "Pete Pederson" wrote:

Will give both of these a try. Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections