DL
Posted By
Duane Lee
Feb 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can someone help me to transfer Photoshop 2.0 files ALONG WITH TAGS & COLLECTIONS to a new computer with Photoshop 3.0.
Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
mesa
Feb 6, 2008
Duane Lee wrote:

Can someone help me to transfer Photoshop 2.0 files ALONG WITH TAGS & COLLECTIONS to a new computer with Photoshop 3.0.
Thanks.

I never had the opportunity to use 2.0 started at 3.0 and now were at 10.0.1

r
RG
Roy G
Feb 6, 2008
"Duane Lee" wrote in message
Thanks.

Don’t understand your question.

Photoshop is currently on version 10 (CS3)

Photoshop Elements is on version 6.

So what do you mean by saying 3.0 is on a new computer?

Roy G
J
jaSPAMc
Feb 6, 2008
"Roy G" found these unused words:

Thanks.

Roy G
Just because he has a ‘new to him’ computer doesn’t necessarily mean that they have upgraded to the ‘latest and greatest {sic}’ PhotoShop.

IIRC there was some conversion necessary between certain files of PS2 when PS 3 came out.

Count me among his group, I like PS 5.5, tried the later ‘improvements’ and didn’t bother!
N
nomail
Feb 6, 2008
Roy G wrote:

Thanks.

He probably means he is moving from CS2 to CS3…

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com
EH
Ed Hanni8gan
Feb 6, 2008
Johan W. Elzenga wrote:
Roy G wrote:

Thanks.

He probably means he is moving from CS2 to CS3…
No, I am pretty sure he is talking about Elements, not the full Photoshop.
TC
tony cooper
Feb 6, 2008
On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 22:29:20 GMT, Ed Hannigan
wrote:

Johan W. Elzenga wrote:
Roy G wrote:

Thanks.

There’s no reason, with a new computer, to install the latest version of a particular type of software. There are sometimes reasons not to.

Elements 6.0 has bugs that 5.0 doesn’t have. I have PS 7.0 and E 5.0, and that’s what will go on a new computer if I were to get one.

Sometimes we are better off installing a software version that does what we want and no more. The old, familiar steps may be more difficult to find.

Tony Cooper – Orlando, Florida
V
Voivod
Feb 7, 2008
On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 18:59:20 -0500, tony cooper
scribbled:

On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 22:29:20 GMT, Ed Hannigan
wrote:

Johan W. Elzenga wrote:
Roy G wrote:

Thanks.

There’s no reason, with a new computer, to install the latest version of a particular type of software. There are sometimes reasons not to.
Elements 6.0 has bugs that 5.0 doesn’t have. I have PS 7.0 and E 5.0, and that’s what will go on a new computer if I were to get one.
Sometimes we are better off installing a software version that does what we want and no more. The old, familiar steps may be more difficult to find.

Or we could wait for the OP to return and clarify his position instead of wild speculation and a discourse on the pros and cons of every version of Photoshop….

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections