Posted By
Chris_Garaffa
Apr 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey everyone,

A user here has alterted me to the fact that Photoshop will sometimes white out blocks of text in the current text layer she’s editing. I’ve confirmed it on many documents using many fonts, including new documents. She’s using a PowerMac G4, Mac OS X 10.2.6, and Photoshop 7.0.1. Has anyone seen anything similar? We’re not sure what to do about this.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AW
Allen_Wicks
Apr 6, 2004
The normal case for PS is to reverse-color text that has been selected. Hitting the Enter key twice will resolve.

Or the other thing that commonly can happen is that inadvertently the selected text color is similar to the background. To resolve select the Text tool, click in the text box, Select All, then change the text color by accessing Window/Character.
CG
Chris_Garaffa
Apr 7, 2004
Thanks Allen, but that’s not what’s going on. We’ve both, very carefully, edited text and made sure we’re not selecting anything at all. The white boxes will happen anywhere in the text block, and will sometimes span 2 columns of text (maybe in the middle of a line, maybe at the beginning, but not necessarily wrapping around from line to line).
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 7, 2004
Which fonts are you using?
Have you trashed your Photoshop prefs.; run the Cron scripts; and Repaired Permissions? And, if you upgrade your OS to 10.3.3 does it still happen?
CG
Chris_Garaffa
Apr 7, 2004
Hi Ann,

Thanks for your response. I asked our user, and she said she’s seen the issue with Compacta, Block and Futura, which I will be repairing/replacing soon. We’ve trashed the Photoshop prefs and run all the maintenance I can think of (fsck, repair permissions, cron scripts, etc).
Unfortunately, she isn’t on our Panther upgrade schedule just yet, but if upgrading will resolve this issue then it may be able to happen. Thanks again!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 7, 2004
Check to see how many versions of those fonts she has on her machine and whether any of them are older than about 1992. I can’t replicate the problem with Compacta or Futura on my machine (I don’t have "Block") but her copies of those particular fonts could be the problem.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections