TC
Posted By
Tracy Connell
Sep 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Please help – this is driving me crackers!….

When you are using th polygonal lasso tool to cut round something and accidentally double click it completes the lasso before you’ve finished. How do you undo this to continue cutting out your image?

Does this make sense?

I know how to remove the tool before the double click(ESC), and how to go back whilst using it (DELETE), but what if you close the tool with a double click by mistake?

I am using a PC.

Thanks in advance,

Tracy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PL
Paul L UK
Sep 10, 2003
Tracy

Don’t think you can – but, if you look on the toolbar there are four buttons, single selection, add to selection, remove from selection and….another one (single box, double box, double box and the other)

Select ‘add to selection’ and you can start to draw around the rest of the image, starting from inside your current selection. This way you can build your selection bit by bit, instead of having to repeatedly start from scratch.

Paul
TC
Tracy Connell
Sep 10, 2003
Thanks Paul,

That works, though I think it would be soooooooooo much easier for Adobe to put an undo function in for that!

Anyway, thanks again,

Tracy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections