LB
Posted By
Linda_Baldwin
Apr 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I don’t recall this happening before, but I could have forgotten. Any time I try to File–>"Open Recent" a .jpg file, PSCS says "Could not complete your request because the file is not a TIFF file."

Huh? If I go to the directory that contains the same .jpg file and double click on it, it opens just fine.

Anybody know what my problem is?

Thanks,
Linda

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
johntolliday
Apr 22, 2005
I can only get that to happen by using ‘open as’ with TIFF selected? I wonder if you go to ‘open as’ and select jpeg and open something it will clear the problem?
LB
Linda_Baldwin
Apr 22, 2005
John, I just tried that. Only the one that I "Opened As" jpg would then reopen from Open Recent list. The other jpgs in the list give me the same error.

I wonder….if I reinstall PSCS over the existing one, will I have to re-activate?

Thanks,
Linda
J
johntolliday
Apr 22, 2005
I’d try Clearing preferences first?

LenHewitt, "How to delete/reset Photoshop preferences" #1, 23 Jun 2004 1:05 am </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>
LB
Linda_Baldwin
Apr 22, 2005
I deleted the preferences file. Now I guess I’ll have to open some tiffs and save them as jpegs to see if the problem has gone away.

Thanks,
Linda
J
johntolliday
Apr 22, 2005
Good Luck!
LB
Linda_Baldwin
Apr 22, 2005
Thanks John. I have no idea what caused this behavior, so I can’t duplicate it to test. Since CS2 will be shipping pretty soon, I guess it’s not anything to get my knickers all in a twist over.

I appreciate your help,

Linda

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections