Are there Photoshop CS2 shortcuts to 1) toggle between rectangular marquee and move tools and 2) scr

D
Posted By
David
Jan 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m looking for a way to change between the rectangular marquee and move tools. A key press that toggled them would be perfect. If there is a key that will simply change to the move tool at any give time, that would be nice as well.

I would also like to find a way to scroll horizontally with the mouse wheel. This is a feature that I love about Microsoft Visio- if the user holds the shift key down while scrolling the wheel, the motion changes from vertical to horizontal. Is there anything like this in CS2?

Thanks,

David

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mike Russell
Jan 14, 2008
"David" wrote in message
I’m looking for a way to change between the rectangular marquee and move tools. A key press that toggled them would be perfect. If there is a key that will simply change to the move tool at any give time, that would be nice as well.

v does the move tool, m does the marquee. More here, including how to edit shortcuts in CS2 and later:
http://www.photoshopsupport.com/tutorials/jennifer/keyboard- shortcuts.html

I would also like to find a way to scroll horizontally with the mouse wheel. This is a feature that I love about Microsoft Visio- if the user holds the shift key down while scrolling the wheel, the motion changes from vertical to horizontal. Is there anything like this in CS2?

hold down alt to scroll vertically, ctrl-alt to scroll horizontally. —
Mike Russell – www.curvemeister.com
D
David
Jan 14, 2008
"Mike Russell" wrote in message
"David" wrote in message

v does the move tool, m does the marquee. More here, including how to edit shortcuts in CS2 and later:
http://www.photoshopsupport.com/tutorials/jennifer/keyboard- shortcuts.html

hold down alt to scroll vertically, ctrl-alt to scroll horizontally. —
Mike Russell – www.curvemeister.com
Mike,

I found with my version I need to hold CTRL to scroll horizontal and CTRL+ALT zooms. Holding nothing does the vertical. The V and M shortcuts are the same.

I will remember these and check out the link you posted.

Thanks,

David
F
Fred
Jan 16, 2008

Holding down the Control-key does that

That’s a job for the Alt-key

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections