AO
Posted By
Abiola_Owoaje
Apr 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Since upgrading to OS X 10.3.3 (Panther), I frequently get out of memory messages while working in Photoshop even on files of 35MB despite having 768MB physical RAM installed with no other major app open at the same time. Could there be a memory leak and is the bug in Photoshop or OS X Panther?

Also, on double-clicking a Photoshop file in the finder, Photoshop launches ok but refuses to open the file. No error messages are displayed. However when I choose file>open within Photoshop there isn’t any problem. Again this began after upgrading the OS. Any ideas??

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AO
Abiola_Owoaje
Apr 1, 2004
Reinstalling Photoshop has solved the file opening problems though I’m still head-scratching for an out of memory solution.
B
Buko
Apr 1, 2004
You didn’t read the FAQs before posting ,did you??
BM
Becky_Marcum
Apr 1, 2004
Where are the FAQ’s?
G
graffiti
Apr 1, 2004
In the FAQ section.
BM
Becky_Marcum
Apr 1, 2004
No kidding.
I’m sorry to be so ignorant. I am new to this forum. Actually the first time I have ever participated in a forum. I just have a few simple questions I wish I could find the answers to.
I don’t really think forums are for me.
If I really knew where the FAQ section was, I wouldn’t ask. I do not see it listed anywhere on the page.
G
graffiti
Apr 1, 2004
Sorry Becky. I was just trying to joke around a bit.

The FAQ’s are six topics down from the top when you enter the PS forum.

Actually the first time I have ever participated in a forum.

Don’t give up now. You’ll get used to it and there’s a lot of help to be had here.

CLICK HERE <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee9d6b1> for the FAQ area.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 1, 2004
Ask away Becky — we will do our best to answer your questions!

You will find some pretty knowledgeable people here — even if some of us exhibit a rather quirky sense of humour from time to time.

:~)
B
Buko
Apr 1, 2004
Maybe the FAQ section should be the first topic in the list.

It seems to invisible at the 6th spot.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Apr 1, 2004
um,

yea.
BM
Becky_Marcum
Apr 1, 2004
You are going to think I am out of my mind, but I still don’t see anything…any kind of list. The only way I can get to the frequently asked questions is to click on the link you gave me…weird!
B
Buko
Apr 1, 2004
Damn that blue text its so hard to read.
BM
Becky_Marcum
Apr 1, 2004
BINGO!
B
Buko
Apr 1, 2004
Maybe if it read.

FAQ — Answers to Frequently Asked Questions—

people could find it better
GP
Graham_Phillips
Apr 1, 2004
I think the basic problem is that there are only 2 hyphens on the left, whereas there are 3 on the right. If they stuck an extra hyphen on the left it would stand out more.
R
Ram
Apr 1, 2004
If it had an animated icon flashing red and yellow lights…
B
Buko
Apr 2, 2004
With circles and Arrows.
R
Ram
Apr 2, 2004
…. and a fanfare sound as well.
B
Buko
Apr 2, 2004
And Alices Restaurant.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Apr 2, 2004
free Adobe T-shirt with luggage check-in.
LM
laura_montagna
Apr 2, 2004
how can I tranfer in photoshop CS the copyright info I had in photoshop 7 ? shoul I write and save them again in the info page ?
there must be a quiker way…..

thanks
IL
Ian_Lyons
Apr 2, 2004
Laura,

You may have more success in obtaining an answer to your question by creating a new thread (i.e. Add Topic button)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections