E
Posted By
eclipse9876543210
Dec 31, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just bought a Swedish version of Photoshop CS3 and downloaded some scripts from the Adobe site. However, they didn’t run correctly. I searched around a bit and came to the conclusion that scripts are not portable between language versions. Is that correct?

For example the Shawn T Moore’s Tri-X 6X7
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extens ionDetail&loc=en_us&extid=1048009
which I saved in the Förinställningar/Skript folder (Presets/Scripts in English). Running it gives an error like this:

Error 8800: Ett allmänt Photoshop-fel har inträffat. Den här funktionen kanske inte är tillgänglig i den här versionen av Photoshop. – Objektet "lager "Background"" är inte tillgängligt för närvarande. Line: 37
-> executeAction( ic1032, desc96, DialogModes.NO );

Translates to something like:
A general Photoshop error has occurred. This function might not be available in this version of Photoshop.
– The object "Layer "Background"" is not available at the moment.

And it isn’t. My standard layer is named Bakgrund (Swedish for background). Even if I rename or create a new layer with the name Background the script gives the same error.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
PiT
Dec 31, 2007
tried to edit the script?

"Thommy M." schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I just bought a Swedish version of Photoshop CS3 and downloaded some scripts from the Adobe site. However, they didn’t run correctly. I searched around a bit and came to the conclusion that scripts are not portable between language versions. Is that correct?

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extens ionDetail&loc=en_us&extid=1048009
which I saved in the F
E
eclipse9876543210
Jan 1, 2008
PiT wrote:
"Thommy M." schrieb im Newsbeitrag

which I saved in the Förinställningar/Skript folder (Presets/Scripts in English). Running it gives an error like this:

Error 8800: Ett allmänt Photoshop-fel har inträffat. Den här funktionen kanske inte är tillgänglig i den här versionen av Photoshop. – Objektet "lager "Background"" är inte tillgängligt för närvarande. Line: 37
-> executeAction( ic1032, desc96, DialogModes.NO );

Translates to something like:
A general Photoshop error has occurred. This function might not be available in this version of Photoshop.
– The object "Layer "Background"" is not available at the moment.
And it isn’t. My standard layer is named Bakgrund (Swedish for background). Even if I rename or create a new layer with the name Background the script gives the same error.

tried to edit the script?

That solved my problem, thanks. Replaced 3 occurrences of Background with Bakgrund and one "Layer 1" with "Lager 1" and it runs smoothly.

A little strange to me as an old programmer that they actually use the translated words in scripts and don’t just "display" the translation. We did so in the 80’s…
P
PiT
Jan 1, 2008
you’re welcome thommy

a few days ago i had the same problem with my german ps7

you’re right: enhanced possibilities with new hard- or software standards don’t create necessarly better ideas and results in programming

(sigh! thinking ’bout old C64 times: less hardware – more creativity in programming)

and, of course, i wsh a happy new year 2008

PiT
D
dvus
Jan 3, 2008
"PiT" wrote in message
you’re welcome thommy

a few days ago i had the same problem with my german ps7
you’re right: enhanced possibilities with new hard- or software standards don’t create necessarly better ideas and results in programming
(sigh! thinking ’bout old C64 times: less hardware – more creativity in programming)

You kidding? There was only 2 or 3 registers and 8 bits worth of commands. All the "creativity" was centered on compressing the code so it’d fit, especially if you wanted to run something out of the 1541’s memory.

and, of course, i wsh a happy new year 2008

….of course!

dvus

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections