T
Posted By
TechnoGram
Dec 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
and take out some text on scanned document. Totally new to this and downloaded trial version of new photoshop. Can anyone help me do this. I have done a few online visual tutorials about a year ago on this and now can not find an online tutorial to show me this. A link to one would be most appreciated

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
Joel
Dec 9, 2007
TechnoGram wrote:

and take out some text on scanned document. Totally new to this and downloaded trial version of new photoshop. Can anyone help me do this. I have done a few online visual tutorials about a year ago on this and now can not find an online tutorial to show me this. A link to one would be most appreciated

If you need more detail or video tutorial then GOOGLE is a good place to start. And downloaded a trail version then I have no idea how much you know about Photoshop to know what commands are and where to find them????

Here is some general information

1. Using LEVEL to brighten up the background or turn it into pure WHITE (just as much as you can)

– If you need to turn more grey area into white then you can use DODGE to turn the hi-lite into white (or whiter)

– Use BURN if you want the text darker

2. To remove some text (secret message?) then you can either use Lasso, Pen Tool (very powerful but will require the know how) to mark the area you want to delete then DEL or PAINT over it

– Or you can create another LAYER then use Brush (background color) to paint over the text you want to remove.

Thse are very basic so I don’t know if there is any specific video tutorial for this.. or it should be part of more complex process but you may need to learn to adapt the same technique to different problem.
T
TechnoGram
Dec 9, 2007
On Dec 8, 5:41 pm, Joel wrote:
TechnoGram wrote:

If you need more detail or video tutorial then GOOGLE is a good place to start. And downloaded a trail version then I have no idea how much you know about Photoshop to know what commands are and where to find them????

1. Using LEVEL to brighten up the background or turn it into pure WHITE (just as much as you can)

– If you need to turn more grey area into white then you can use DODGE to turn the hi-lite into white (or whiter)

2. To remove some text (secret message?) then you can either use Lasso, Pen Tool (very powerful but will require the know how) to mark the area you want to delete then DEL or PAINT over it

– Or you can create another LAYER then use Brush (background color) to paint over the text you want to remove.

Thse are very basic so I don’t know if there is any specific video tutorial for this.. or it should be part of more complex process but you may need to learn to adapt the same technique to different problem.

My problem seems to start with a similar reason as anothe rposter has had The .jpg scanned image when opened has the whole picture as the background. So how do I make a background layer which is blank (white)… maybe if I start there it will help.
At this point in time when I lighten things everything lightens and the parts I want to keep disappear.
J
Joel
Dec 9, 2007
TechnoGram wrote:

On Dec 8, 5:41 pm, Joel wrote:
TechnoGram wrote:

My problem seems to start with a similar reason as anothe rposter has had The .jpg scanned image when opened has the whole picture as the background. So how do I make a background layer which is blank (white)… maybe if I start there it will help.
At this point in time when I lighten things everything lightens and the parts I want to keep disappear.

I can’t see what you see to be able to give you more detail than what I think I see at my end.

You just need to make thing simpler to solve the problem easier. Example

– *If* the background is too hard select the select the FOREGROUND

– If one side of foreground is easier but other is harder, then

– Select the easier part of foreground

– Select the easier part of the background

– Combining 2 good selections together you should have a whole picture.

– I usually don’t create Masked file (I Mask directly), but you should be able to adapt the same technique above to make a Masked file, then applying some BLUR (or feather) or blending mode to smooth the edge and you should be fine.

What I am trying to say that when you be able to separate the Background and Foreground then you can change the background to anything you want.

Just incase you wonder why you ask about Background but I mention Foreground, because it doesn’t matter which you select. Because

– You can select Foreground then *inverse* to get Background selection – You can select Background then *inverse* to get Foreground selection

The only tricky part if WHEN or WHAT you want to apply some BUR or FEATHER to make background/foreground blended together. Or it depend on your workflow.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections