MS
Posted By
Marion Sherman Howard
Jul 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to change the weight of any font in Photoshop? Aside from the normal/bold, etc. options, is there a way I can play with the weight?

Thanks for any help.

Marion Howard

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JC
J C
Jul 29, 2003
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 00:18:39 GMT, "Marion Sherman Howard" wrote:

Is there a way to change the weight of any font in Photoshop? Aside from the normal/bold, etc. options, is there a way I can play with the weight?

Thanks for any help.

Marion Howard

If you rasterize the type, then select it, then expand (or contract) the selection, then yes, you can change the weight. But you will not be able to edit the type after rasterizing it.

Also, consider that anything you can do with filters and plug ins can also be done to type.

— JC
E
edjh
Jul 29, 2003
Marion Sherman Howard wrote:

Thanks for any help.

Marion Howard
From the Character palette (click the little "page" icon on the Options Bar) you can choose faux bold. The text will still be editable but you won’t be able to use text warp with it.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections