AG
Posted By
Alvaro G Vicario
Mar 18, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve just upgraded to Photoshop CS and I’m having problems with PNG for the web. It seems some gamma info is added to the file: the result is that in Internet Explorer my graphics no longer match background colours.

This didn’t happen in version 7. Furthermore, I used to save PNGs using the SuperPNG plugin but under CS it not longer works for palette files.

Thank you in advance for any hint,

— Álvaro G. Vicario – Burgos, Spain
— Don’t e-mail me your questions, post them to the group —

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AG
Alvaro G Vicario
Mar 18, 2005
*** Alvaro G Vicario wrote/escribió (Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:01:15 +0100):
I’ve just upgraded to Photoshop CS and I’m having problems with PNG for the web. It seems some gamma info is added to the file: the result is that in Internet Explorer my graphics no longer match background colours.
This didn’t happen in version 7. Furthermore, I used to save PNGs using the SuperPNG plugin but under CS it not longer works for palette files.

Just a remark. I’ve found a command line tool called PNG Crush that allows me to remove the gAMA chunk, thus solving my problem. In the worst case I suppose I can write a script to batch-process my web image directories. However, I’m still pretty interested in a Photoshop-related solution.

http://pmt.sourceforge.net/pngcrush/

— Álvaro G. Vicario – Burgos, Spain
— Don’t e-mail me your questions, post them to the group —

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections