TM
Posted By
Todd Maurer
Feb 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Xcross posted from adobe.photoshop.scripting after no response there.

Subject: Placing file name in image.
Date: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 10:08 AM

I am converting the family slide trays to DVD slide shows. My parents have actually scripting many of the trays matching what they want to say with the slide number. The question becomes how to give them a visual cue where they are in their script. I’ve successfully preserved the slide number (in the tray and the tray number) in the file name. Now I need help inserting the filename into the lower right corner of the image.

Alternatively I could use a script that increments from 1 to the number of files in the directory and inserts that number in the lower right corner of the image.

I am only learning the Automate function and macros.

I’m using Windows XP Pro and Photoshop CS.

Todd

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
Charley
Feb 23, 2005
Here’s how to do it for one with Photoshop. Automating it for doing the whole lot is something that I don’t have much experience with, so I’ll let somebody else help you with that.

1. Open an image in Photoshop.
2. Create a new layer
3. Select the "T" in the toolbox
4. Select the font, size and color
5. Type in your text.
6. You can move the text around to position it better with the "move" tool. It’s the one that shows horizontal and vertical arrows.
7. Save the image
8. Print it

Charley

"Todd Maurer" wrote in message
Xcross posted from adobe.photoshop.scripting after no response there.

Subject: Placing file name in image.
Date: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 10:08 AM

I am converting the family slide trays to DVD slide shows. My parents
have
actually scripting many of the trays matching what they want to say with
the
slide number. The question becomes how to give them a visual cue where
they
are in their script. I’ve successfully preserved the slide number (in the tray and the tray number) in the file name. Now I need help inserting the filename into the lower right corner of the image.

Alternatively I could use a script that increments from 1 to the number of files in the directory and inserts that number in the lower right corner
of
the image.

I am only learning the Automate function and macros.

I’m using Windows XP Pro and Photoshop CS.

Todd

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections