MS
Posted By
Mindy_Smith
Feb 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, when you are using the extract tool, is there a way to periodocally save the changes? I don’t know what I hit but sometimes if I hit certain keys the background is highlighted. Mindy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

D
deebs
Feb 16, 2005
Hi Mindy – this is Mork and the voice of the Mysterons

(only kindding – please forgive me)

The extract tool is cool. It doesn’t take a great deal to learn and in level of difficulty in Photoshop it is probably Level 2 (if you imagine opening a file – the correct file – as Level 1 I guess that gives you something to compare it to)

What I do – and I really don’t know if it will work for you, is to Google on a tutorial

eg
photoshop tutorial extract tool

as key words

You are doing the right thing by asking here though and I hope this helps an itsy-bitsy bit

deebs
MS
Mindy_Smith
Feb 16, 2005
thanks, Mork 🙂
D
deebs
Feb 16, 2005
OK Planet Ork (ork ork)
Y
YrbkMgr
Feb 16, 2005
is there a way to periodocally save the changes?

No, not while you are working within the extract filter applet. The only thing you can really do, which is kludgy at best, is to accept a partial extraction, save your Work In Progress PSD file, then re-open the Extract filter. I don’t do this personally, so your mileage may vary.

Peace,
Tony
MS
Mindy_Smith
Feb 16, 2005
Do you mean the regular save command or is there a work in progress command?
Y
YrbkMgr
Feb 16, 2005
No, I mean the regular save command. When I’m working on a file, and it’s "in process", I often save various stages with "WIP" in the file name. For example MyImage_WIP-1.PSD; MyImage_WIP-2.PSD, etc.

There’s no command or function to do what you want the way you want to do it. So I was suggesting that you COULD save partial extractions of the original image in pieces, then re-open it, run Extract, and continue. It’s ugly, and your ability to use that idea depends on the actual extraction you’re doing.
MS
Mindy_Smith
Feb 16, 2005
Thanks, I really appreciate that suggestion!
NB
Norbert_Bissinger
Feb 17, 2005
but sometimes if I hit certain keys the background is highlighted

Why do you hit keys, for what reason?

Just use the first tool on the left upper part (edge Highlighter) shortcut B when you make a mistake hit E Eraser and when finished G the Paint Bucket. These are all the keys you need. Perhaps the Z (zoom) and the Alt plus Z (zoom) to zoom out.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections