JG
Posted By
Jacques Germans
Aug 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How can I convert from RGB to CMYK in elements? Or turn a TIFF or PDF into CMYK?

-J

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Aug 26, 2003
Rich, while you’re here, I have a related question that I’ve been wondering about. We are thinking of investing in Xerox 7700 for my music publishing company so that we can do short runs inhouse.

We do monochrome about 27 or 28 times as much as color, but I’ve been wondering about printing those rare color files on a printer like that. Will the result in rgb mode be as yucky as the photoshop forum says it will?
RC
Richard Coencas
Aug 26, 2003
Barbara,

I wish I could be more help, but I’m not familiar with that printer.

What I can tell you is some high end printers contain an internal rip device. For instance sending to a docucolor through a rip device like a Fiery will do the conversion at the RIP and you actually get a better result sending RGB because the device does its own conversion.

If you are looking to do short runs in house you might want to move to full photoshop. It may be a worthwhile investment when looking at it from a business perspective.

Rich
P
Phosphor
Aug 26, 2003
you might want to move to full photoshop

Yes, we know we will eventually have to, but were hoping to tough it out till ID 3, since we need the full design bundle, Rich. Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections