DA
Posted By
David and Rachel Barkham
Feb 7, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Would anyone out there know if it is posible to make one image print as 4 segmented prints of A4. I’m wanting to take some of the images i have and print them out LARGE for my living room wall but the maximum print size the printer will take is A4. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Moira Riddell
Feb 7, 2005
Not sure if this is what you mean, but in The Photo CS Book for Digital Photographers is an item headed THE COOL TRICK FOR TURNING SMALL PHOTOS INTO POSTER SIZED PRINTS

Open the digital-camera image you want to increase to poster size. Image menu – choose image size. When the image sise dialog appears, make sure Resample image is turned on, and change the Resample image interpolation method to Bicubic smoother. Switch the unit of measurement pop-up menus in the dialog from inches to percent and type 110 which increases your image by 10% Believe it ot not, when you increase in 10% increments, for some reasons it doesn’t seem to soften or blur the image. It’s freaky, I know, but to believe it, you just have to try it yourself. To get the image up to poster size, it’s going to take quite a few passes with this "increase-by-10% technique, so I recomment creating your own custom action to di ti for you at the press of a button. The final image, increased from 4.75" x 4.75" ti approx 20" x 20", and even on screen, the loss of quality is almost negligible, yet the image is the size if a standard, full sized poster.

Hope this helps

Moira
"David and Rachel Barkham" wrote in message
Would anyone out there know if it is posible to make one image print as 4 segmented prints of A4. I’m wanting to take some of the images i have and print them out LARGE for my living room wall but the maximum print size the printer will take is A4. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.
PM
Petar Mandic
Feb 10, 2005
Hi David,

If your printer driver allows this you should look for "Allow Tiling pages"

So, first you specify your, probably custom, page size and with tiling enabled your printer will print (split) your image on required number of A4 pages.

Good luck.

Petar

J
js
Feb 11, 2005
If you already have the larger image, you can use "Slice" tool in Photoshop and slice the image into 4 pieces each having size of A4 or whatever you slice it into. Then you can print each slice on a separate sheet and then glue them together.

Would anyone out there know if it is posible to make one image print as 4 segmented prints of A4. I’m wanting to take some of the images i have and print them out LARGE for my living room wall but the maximum print size
the
printer will take is A4. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.
DA
David and Rachel Barkham
Feb 14, 2005
Thank you all for your replies. It turns out that my HP7600 series can split it quite well by itself. I havn’t yet tried it and may yet be following all your advice. I’ll let you know when i get it done.

Thank you all again. David

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections