Stolen photos by Lewis Lang – What should I do?

JM
Posted By
John McWilliams
Feb 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A photographer by the name of Lewis Lang stole many of my images and was selling them for profit. What can I do about this? What are my options?

Thanks, in advance.

John McWilliams

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
LJM
Feb 9, 2005
I would suggest a copyright lawyer. It may not be worth the bother depending on what he has used them for. Possibly a cease and decist order would stop him from using your images. Best bet is to contact a lawyer. If he is selling them for advertising, then that is another ball gave and a copyright lawyer would be your best bet as more money could be involved.

a Lewis Lang which may or may not be the same one had this on his web site:

"All the images and text on this web site are the original works of Lewis Lang Photography. They are copyrighted under U.S. and international copyright laws. Please do not download, copy, print out, publish, manipulate in any way, use as the basis of your own derivative works, photographs, and/or images, or otherwise use these images or text without the express permission and written consent of Lewis Lang. By entering this site and/or viewing any portion of this LEWISVISION web site you agree to abide by the terms of this copyright notice."

This Lewis Lang appears to be attempting stock photography. But a number of his links are dead links. It would appear that this Lewis Lang is a failing photographer and maybe not worth the effort.

I do notice that you have put a lot of messages about a Lewis Lang in MANY forums which turned up on Google. Don’t you have anything better to do with your life or did he really steal your images as you claim. Keep in mind that you could be liable if in fact he can prove that those are his images. I also notice that you list NO website for yourself. HMM

On 2 Feb 2005 18:24:46 -0800, "John McWilliams " wrote:

A photographer by the name of Lewis Lang stole many of my images and was selling them for profit. What can I do about this? What are my options?

Thanks, in advance.

John McWilliams

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections