J
Posted By
josh
Nov 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I Open Photoshop 7.0 in Windows XP it looks as if it is loading the preferences and loading brushes but then all of a sudden it closes the whole program down? When I searched through some of the threads that asked the same question as mine they said to hit CTR+ALT+SHIFT to reset the prefs. But when i hit CTR+ALT+SHIFT during starup of PS it brings up "Scratch Disk Preferences" with 4 Choices: First, Second, Third, Forth with drop downs that say "Startup", "C:/" or "None".

Any Help would Be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Josh

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GH
George Hodgins
Nov 10, 2004
Have you tried uninstall then reinstall?
"Josh" wrote in message
When I Open Photoshop 7.0 in Windows XP it looks as if it is loading the preferences and loading brushes but then all of a sudden it closes the whole program down? When I searched through some of the threads that asked the same question as mine they said to hit CTR+ALT+SHIFT to reset the prefs. But when i hit CTR+ALT+SHIFT during starup of PS it brings up "Scratch Disk Preferences" with 4 Choices: First, Second, Third, Forth with drop downs that say "Startup", "C:/" or "None".

Thanks,

Josh
C
C
Nov 11, 2004
Did you try deleting the Preference file? In Ver 6 it rebuilds. I had a hell a problem with XP. If I log on as a different user Photoshop loads fine. Hope this helps.
"Josh" wrote in message

Thanks,

Josh

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections