PA
Posted By
pixel_a_ted
Nov 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Let’s say I create an image in landscape mode and use Image Size to set the Height=11 inches and Width=17 inches exactly (at 72 pixels/ inch). I use Page Setup to select 11×17 size paper and landscape view and then I go to Print with Preview.

Print with Preview shows Scale=100%, Height=11 inches, Width=17 inches and my image appears to just fill the little preview window, which supposedly represents 11×17 paper. Center Image is checked. All well and good.

If I click on Scale to Fit Media, I get Scale=96.96%, Height=10.667 inch, Width=16.486 inch so the image is slightly reduced for printing. My image now is smaller than the little preview window.

What is going on here with Scale to Fit Media? Does it assume that the printer has margins?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

N
nomail
Nov 14, 2007
wrote:

Let’s say I create an image in landscape mode and use Image Size to set the Height=11 inches and Width=17 inches exactly (at 72 pixels/ inch).

That will give you a very poor quality print. Your image should be at least 150 pixels per inch, preferably even more.

I use Page Setup to select 11×17 size paper and landscape view and then I go to Print with Preview.

Print with Preview shows Scale=100%, Height=11 inches, Width=17 inches and my image appears to just fill the little preview window, which supposedly represents 11×17 paper. Center Image is checked. All well and good.

If I click on Scale to Fit Media, I get Scale=96.96%, Height=10.667 inch, Width=16.486 inch so the image is slightly reduced for printing. My image now is smaller than the little preview window.

What is going on here with Scale to Fit Media? Does it assume that the printer has margins?

Yes, it does.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com
PA
pixel_a_ted
Nov 14, 2007
On Nov 14, 11:43 am, (Johan W. Elzenga) wrote:

That will give you a very poor quality print. Your image should be at least 150 pixels per inch, preferably even more.

Yes, I know. The image I created was just for the purposes of asking about Scale to Fit Media.

Yes, it does.

Thanks, that’s what I was suspecting. So to print without margins I shouldn’t check Scale to Fit Media.

By the way, what is the margin size that Scale to Fit Media assumes?
N
nomail
Nov 14, 2007
wrote:

Yes, I know. The image I created was just for the purposes of asking about Scale to Fit Media.

Yes, it does.

Thanks, that’s what I was suspecting. So to print without margins I shouldn’t check Scale to Fit Media.

That is defined in the paper size specifications in the printer driver, so that varies for each printer.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com
K
KatWoman
Nov 15, 2007
"Johan W. Elzenga" wrote in message
wrote:

What is going on here with Scale to Fit Media? Does it assume that the
printer has margins?

Yes, it does.

That is defined in the paper size specifications in the printer driver, so that varies for each printer.

YES it assumes margins
I get the error notice every time I print a bleed or borderless just ignore and proceed

select borderless in the print driver options

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections