C
Posted By
censored
Nov 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can I make an animated gif with text and photos that fade in and out without using 100 separate frames? I’ve been using layer opacity, but it’s still a long process with a lot of frames, (therefore a much larger file!).

Thanks Much!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

F
fleemo17
Nov 9, 2007
Can I make an animated gif with text and photos that fade in and out without using 100 separate frames?

As in any animation, the more frames you use the smoother the transition. But you can still get a decent transition using far less frames. Try reducing the opacity in steps of 10% or 15% or so for each frame of your animated gif.

HTH

-Ray
J
Joel
Nov 11, 2007
for this money? wrote:

Can I make an animated gif with text and photos that fade in and out without using 100 separate frames? I’ve been using layer opacity, but it’s still a long process with a lot of frames, (therefore a much larger file!).

Thanks Much!

I am still waiting to see what you may repsonse to other message responsed to your question, but it seems like we are looking at the one-way ticket here.

Yes, I do have technique to keep animated GIF small, but I don’t like to give to someone who doesn’t appreciate the help of other. Or nobody here to do any service to anyone, or the one who asks for help should response to the response messages to lets them know if the method works or not.
TW
Tom Wylde
Nov 13, 2007
Thanks much. That’s kind of what I was afraid of… lol. I’m doing 10% opacity changes now.

I’ll probably just break down and start learning Flash. It seems a PITA, but if it makes my banners look better I guess it’s worth taking the time to learn.

Again, thanks for your help! 🙂

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 12:21:05 -0800, wrote:

Can I make an animated gif with text and photos that fade in and out without using 100 separate frames?

As in any animation, the more frames you use the smoother the transition. But you can still get a decent transition using far less frames. Try reducing the opacity in steps of 10% or 15% or so for each frame of your animated gif.

HTH

-Ray
TW
Tom Wylde
Nov 13, 2007
Joel, I have no idea what you’re taling about, but I do appreciate the help! 🙂

As for responding? I try to always respond to people that try to help and I’m the first to offer any help I can… usually verbosely.. lol. I don’t always get the chance to get here as much as I’d like, but I eventually DO make it here…

Thanks!!

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 09:26:22 -0600, Joel wrote:

for this money? wrote:

Thanks Much!

I am still waiting to see what you may repsonse to other message responsed to your question, but it seems like we are looking at the one-way ticket here.

Yes, I do have technique to keep animated GIF small, but I don’t like to give to someone who doesn’t appreciate the help of other. Or nobody here to do any service to anyone, or the one who asks for help should response to the response messages to lets them know if the method works or not.
K
KatWoman
Nov 13, 2007
"for this money?" wrote in message

Thanks Much!

I have image ready but I hear all is now in cs3
look into tweening
you can specify the changes over a number of frames (you choose how many) then say what to tween, position, opacity etc
done
save as
or export as swf
no need to make the layers manually

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections