A
Posted By
Andy
Oct 31, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
It must still be possible to simply paint a stroke with the paint brush that will fade away from thick to thin and to then to nothing. I can do this easily in my trusty PS version 6, but I can’t find this feature in CS. (There’s something called "Fade" in CS, but it’s a whole different thing.) This is not a "nice-to-have" feature, it is essential. For example, it allows me to draw cartoons with lines that appear to be painted the way a brush makes lines that start out fat and gradually get thinner and thinner.

I’m grateful for the two replies I received, but they didn’t solve my problem.

Help?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
Joel
Oct 31, 2007
Andy wrote:

It must still be possible to simply paint a stroke with the paint brush that will fade away from thick to thin and to then to nothing. I can do this easily in my trusty PS version 6, but I can’t find this feature in CS. (There’s something called "Fade" in CS, but it’s a whole different thing.) This is not a "nice-to-have" feature, it is essential. For example, it allows me to draw cartoons with lines that appear to be painted the way a brush makes lines that start out fat and gradually get thinner and thinner.

Help?

Help? first, you need to response to the original thread so other may have some idea where you are at, and what 2 replies those won’t help you to avoid giving the same answer.

IOW, DO NOT create newer threat to ask the same question without response to people who response to your question.
K
KatWoman
Oct 31, 2007
"Andy" wrote in message

Help?

please read my reply again
it is correct

brush palette
choose second in list
move fade slider
fill in number of steps to fade
K
KatWoman
Oct 31, 2007
"KatWoman" wrote in message
"Andy" wrote in message

Help?

please read my reply again
it is correct

brush palette
choose second in list
move fade slider
fill in number of steps to fade
look at this picture of the brushes doing color options you can see the palette
I have one other tutorial on there about brush tool
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kw-retouch
R
Robeester
Oct 31, 2007
Andy,
Open up the brushes window (F5). Check mark and select "shape dynamics"(1st on the list). Under "Control", set to "Fade". Set the number next to it higher or lower depending on how long you want the line before it fades (this will be different for every length line). There is a live preview at the bottom of the brushes window showing how the line will look. Make sure that the minimum diameter is set to 0.

As others already said, a drawing tablet with a pressure pen would make this MUCH easier. You would not need to change the fade distance for different length lines as the pressure makes this automatic. You can purchase one for under $100.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Cindy

"Andy" wrote in message

Help?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections