MK
Posted By
Matt Kalman
Aug 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I read in PCPhoto magazine that there is a JPEG 2000 plug-in for Photoshop Elements. I have not been able to locate this. Is this available for Windows as well as Mac? If there is a Windows version, where can I get it? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth Haney
Aug 10, 2003
Here’s the link, but notice that it’s now sold as part of a package, along with the Camera Raw plugin and sells for a hefty hundred clams. For a short while – quite a while ago – it was available as a download for PSE 1. I couldn’t find anything on the Adobe site about that, so I think it’s been pulled as an offering. There are versions for both Win and Mac, so maybe somebody downloaded the freebie and would share. People here on the forum discouraged me from getting it when it was available because the technology is so new that it’s not really good for much. If you convert an image to that format and send it off to someone else, they can’t open it unless they have the JPEG 2000 plug in, too.

<http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html>
GD
Grant Dixon
Aug 10, 2003
It is an automatic down load go to "File > Online Services …." and fo;;ow the instructions.

Grant
PL
Paul L UK
Aug 10, 2003
Mark

There is a free jpeg2000 plug-in, I have it, but cannot find the link. It is NOT the Adobe version

If you want it, I can e-mail it to you. But I will try to find the link.

Paul
PL
Paul L UK
Aug 10, 2003
Too late to edit, but try here <http://www.fnordware.com/>

For both MAC & Win

And it’s free

And it works

What more can I ask ???

Paul

(Link thanks to Rich L)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections