DK
Posted By
Doug_Katz
Mar 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This option is in the Print with Preview dialog. It’s only available when a selection’s been made in the image with the rectangular marquee. If I make a selection and check this option, my miniature page preview on the left side of the Print dialog doesn’t update. It shows the entire image. Does anyone’s update, or should I not expect it to?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GP
Graham_Phillips
Mar 7, 2004
Same here. On the face of it I think we should expect it to show only the selected area but there may be some underlying reason why that hasn’t happened.
R
Ram
Mar 7, 2004
Doug,

Out of sheer curiosity, I just went to check what happens in Photoshop 7.0.1 under Mac OS 9.2.2, and it’s the same as you and Graham describe.

What really intrigues me is why on Earth anyone would want to print just a selection of an image rather than cropping down to size, but then I’m not an illustrator or designer so I’ll leave it to you to enlighten me if and when you have the time. Thanks.
BG
barry_gray
Mar 7, 2004
I frequently print a small selection of an image to check color-saves ink and paper on problem images.
DK
Doug_Katz
Mar 7, 2004
Tambien aqui.
R
Ram
Mar 7, 2004
Thanks, Doug and Barry. That makes sense; it just didn’t occur to me that you wouldn’t trust your monitor calibration/paper profile setup. 🙂
DK
Doug_Katz
Mar 7, 2004
Oh I do! I do! Just that some CLIENTS don’t! (But what do they know?)
BG
barry_gray
Mar 7, 2004
From my end (w/ the 2200), I’ve found many areas that require experimentation with profile and paper compatibilities, heck I’m not going to pay a 3rd party to profile a paper I may use only a few times. The Epson profiles for their paper are damned good as long as you can avoid "glossy"(we’ve all been there) and I’ve been given or found some other profiles to play with. There are a number of non Epson WOW papers with or with out profiles that maybe? are the "cat’s meow"-
I’ll be damned if I’ll pay for profiling and experimenting to find out if I’m in love! Hell, as near as I can figure, the 2200 costs me ~ $7 @ per13x18 print at $2 per sheet of paper (that’s cheap compared to some of the others out there).
Bottom line- I can get a lot more $ mileage out of printing appropriately chosen selections of a larger print. Not to mention the savings in print time.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections