Posted By
Buko
Mar 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

I
iGary
Mar 6, 2004
The only problem I ever had was with the infamous switching black ink types problem. The problem remains…
P
peterpica
Mar 7, 2004
Took several installs for me to get this new driver to work… but they still haven’t solved the black ink thing.
P
PShock
Mar 7, 2004
"This driver improves ink level reporting as well as the expansion and reduction function of the paper layout setting in the driver."

I suppose those improvements are a good thing but …

Hey Epson … how about fixing REAL WORLD issues in OSX, like oh, I don’t know – an easy method for swapping inks? Or maybe try to figure out a way to enable features without the ridiculous need for multiple printers? How about an obvious way to print from the rear feed. (At the very least, how about informing your techs it’s possible – because it is.)

I had no trouble installing the new driver but the update is fairly worthless, IMO.

-phil
I
iGary
Mar 7, 2004
I never knew there was anything wrong with ink level reporting.

The questionably named document supplied with the driver called "OS X booklet.pdf" (boy, it’s obvious what that’s for) still has a March 27, 2003 modification date. I don’t expect to find any new info in there.

There might be something to the reduction function thing. Two days ago I was printing a file to a client’s Epson 980. It was a Quark 6 page on (8.5 x 11). I tried printing the file at something like 35%. It came out more like 75%. I didn’t pursue it after that. I was just trying to save ink on a test print.

Gary Smith

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections