EO
Posted By
Elaine_Odell
Mar 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sudenly getting terrible Epson prints (used to be great prints) following clean install of OSX 10.3 with update to 10.3.2, followed by PS CS/8 install, then download and installation of latest Epson drivers for 1270 (photo prints).

Old set up with OSX 10.2 and PS7 delivered beautiful prints on Epson paper via the Epson 1270. Now, in PSCS and OSX 10.3, prints look dark and too contrasty.

I’ve experimented with various "Print Space" choices (in PS8 "Print with Preview".) Noticing that the Epson paper choices no longer appear in the "Print Space" options like they used to in PS7.

From the print menu, "Printer Features" now shows paper choices. Results are worst when I select "Printer Color Management" as the Print Space Profile.

ANY SUGGESTIONS on how to get great prints are greatly appreciated…I hope you will see something I’m missing.

Thanks in advance for your help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
PShock
Mar 6, 2004
Noticing that the Epson paper choices no longer appear in the "Print Space" options like they used to in PS7.

Not like they used to but … they’re still there. In the Print dialog, click on the Copies & Pages pull down menu and select Print Settings to choose desired paper media/settings and Color Management to turn off (or on) the printer’s color handling.

-phil

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections