RQ
Posted By
Rober_Queen
Feb 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Only the barebone filters appear in my Filter menu, plus one third party filter: IconBuilder Pro. None of the rest in the plugins folder appear, not any of the effects filters or other usual filters like Pinch, Cloud etc. Also, the Save For Web option onder the File Menu remains greyed out. Any ideas?

G3 Blue Box; 400 MHz; 320MG RAM

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
pisosse
Feb 29, 2004
On 2/29/04 10:21, in article ,
"" wrote:

Only the barebone filters appear in my Filter menu, plus one third party filter: IconBuilder Pro. None of the rest in the plugins folder appear, not any of the effects filters or other usual filters like Pinch, Cloud etc. Also, the Save For Web option onder the File Menu remains greyed out. Any ideas?

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday and I found out that I was in 16 bit and I suppose that is a nono when working with filters.. Try set it to 8 bit in image-> mode -> 8 bit…
Hope that helps ?
B
Buko
Feb 29, 2004
You don’t tell us what version or what system.

Have you read the FAQs??

It sounds like you moved the app out of the Photoshop folder.
P
pisosse
Feb 29, 2004
On 2/29/04 10:21, in article ,
"" wrote:

I think its because your doc is 16 and not 8 bit mode?? Tryy and go Image -> mode and turn 8 bit on
NK
Neil_Keller
Feb 29, 2004
Some file types or modes do not work with all filters. What kind of file is this? What do you see when you create or open, say, a .PSD RGB or CMYK file?

Neil
P
Phosphor
Feb 29, 2004
Pisosse…

Could you please turn off the Auto-quote feature on your newsreader?

Most visitors here use the Forum’s web-based interface, and the auto-quoting makes for cluttered viewing. Plus, it’s just standard operating procedure here to only quote, if necessary, the specific issue to which you are responding.

Thanks, mate.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 29, 2004
Here’s the thing, are the filters there but grayed out? Or missing entirely? My impression was that it’s the latter, inidicating a more serious problem.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections